• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CHASSIS INTRUSION P5W DELUXE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bnuts

Ok so I finally got all my parts for my new computer get it all put together turn it on and I get the error CHASSIS INTRUSION System Halting or something like that I read about it in the manual and found the jumper for it and it was attached good so I tried switching it out with a diffrent one and still got the same error. Any one else have this problem or know a fix for it?

Here is more info on the rest of the system.

A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording) ST3250620AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor

EVGA 320-P2-N815-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP

ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard

KINGWIN ABT-600MA1 ATX 12V Ver.2.2 600W Power Supply

SAMSUNG 18X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write, LightScribe Technology

Did you remove the switch from your case, or just jump the connection on the motherboard? Either way, if you are able to access the BIOS there is an option to disable the chassis intrusion.

I had the same exact error when I put this system together, do what jtjuska said. I cleared the cmos and it went away and never had a problem with it again.

ya Crotonrz I have it jumped on the mobo but the intrusion error halts the system before I can get to bios setup.

jtjuska I will try your suggestions when I get home from work thanks for the info.

NP, let me know if it takes care of it for you. I know that I don't have anything on the Intrusion thingy on mine so I figured a reset should fix it. If it doesn't we'll try and come up with some other things for you to try :).

~jtjuska

I also had that error when I put my machine together. Also fixed it by clearing the CMOS. Although I flashed the BIOS at the same time to the latest version, don't know if that was part of the solution... It shouldn't mess you up for long. Good Luck!

Back