• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm in heaven - just got a samsung 226bw

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rasputin'sLiver

counselor of clock
Anyone who buys anything else is NUTS! I was at circuit city and saw every major brand lined up next to each other and the samsung stood out so much from the crowd that there was no competition.

2ms response time, 22 inches, 3000 to 1 contrast ratio, need I say more?

Run and get this monitor before they're back ordered. They only had 2 left when I got to Circuit City and there's a $30 mail in rebate and a $30 instant rebate at the store.

I'm seeing so many colors I must be on LSD, lol.
DD::)

I'm probably gonna get the 206bw myself... I believe it uses a better panel than the 226bw, has a better pixel pitch, and matches the 226bw in every other respect. I've read some posts regarding problems with the refresh rate and frames per second, but I'm not too worried... My old Dell CRT runs at 60 hertz anyway, so I doubt I'll notice a difference.

I'm looking in to picking up another 22" to go with my 225BW, and I'd love to get a 226BW, however the 226BW is $50 more than the 225BW here :bang head.

Enjoy the new monitor, the new Samsumgs are great!

*Trys to convince somebody to buy him a new 30" Samsung*
:drool: Those things are soo nice...

i have the 205bw. its great but I wish i went 1 size larger.

I've been looking at the 226bw also. My main concern is how it will look with some of the older games, like Medal of Honor and Call of Duty.:confused:
I still play them both and I am concerned as to how they will look.:)

the 226BW is an awsome monitor, but thoes specs are a lil fibbed... the responce time is a Grey to Grey, and the 3000:1 contrast ratio is a dynamic thing, its actually 800:1 contrast. Im not bad mouthing the monitor, i have seen it in person and it IS amazing, but i have also seen a Dell 2007WFP next to the 226BW lil brother the 206BW and the difference was amazing, the dell was far superior in color quality, sharpness... but the 206/226BW are still VERY VERY good monitors, i wish i had one!

Rasputin'sLiver said:
Anyone who buys anything else is NUTS! I was at circuit city and saw every major brand lined up next to each other and the samsung stood out so much from the crowd that there was no competition.

2ms response time, 22 inches, 3000 to 1 contrast ratio, need I say more?

Run and get this monitor before they're back ordered. They only had 2 left when I got to Circuit City and there's a $30 mail in rebate and a $30 instant rebate at the store.

I'm seeing so many colors I must be on LSD, lol.
DD::)

How much did it cost you? I am looking to buy an LCD for myself.

nd4spdbh2 said:
the 226BW is an awsome monitor, but thoes specs are a lil fibbed... the responce time is a Grey to Grey, and the 3000:1 contrast ratio is a dynamic thing, its actually 800:1 contrast. Im not bad mouthing the monitor, i have seen it in person and it IS amazing, but i have also seen a Dell 2007WFP next to the 226BW lil brother the 206BW and the difference was amazing, the dell was far superior in color quality, sharpness... but the 206/226BW are still VERY VERY good monitors, i wish i had one!

are the dells really better? I have heard so much about the dells over the last year I really wish i could see a comparison in person.

ya the difference is quite amazing, from my eyes. i have a friend with a 206bw, and another friend with a 2007WFP and we all went to a lan. needless to say i had them hook it to one computer witha cloned dekstop and the difference was quite stunning, i thought the sammy 206bw/226bw were damn good, and they are. but the 2007wfp is stunning. its mainly because of the pannels used. the 206/226 use a dithered 6 bit TN pannel, which can only produce 16.2million colors, even though they say 16.7million, the viewing angle is a giveaway... almost 99% of all 6bit TN pannels have a viewing angle of 160*... the 2007WFP uses a S-IPS pannel that is a true 8bit 16.7million color pannel, and has a viewing angle of 178*

nd4spd is right...I got a Sammy 205bw as my first LCD and loved it, then I started seeing all these Dell 2005FPW's at school, and now I just gotta have one of those instead. (or a 2007) :p

Dell's panel type isn't dependably IPS any more. The 22" should be TN like all other 22"ers and the others are a crapshoot between IPS and PVA.

I bought one of these yesterday and I'm really kind of unsure if I want to keep it or not. I know samsung has gone to cheaper panels "A" panels instead of "S" panels which really ****es me off since I have the "A" panel on it. It looks like i'm getting alot of backlight bleeding and I'm not really sure of the colors. It's a shame I hope i'm not getting cought up in all this "A" panel sucks BS. that is all over the net. I mean I like the monitor even with the bleeding issues, but I want to get the best for what I paid for. Wish I could make up my mind. I work in animation (and i'm on a budget) so I hope I can make up my mind lol.

I just realized that this post existed so don't mind my double post there.

Back