• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rebooting with 2 sticks of ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ManChild

Registered
my pc will not stop rebooting with 2 sticks of ram. I can put one stick in there and it will run just fine but when i put 2 sticks in jump back to the default bios setting and continiuosly turn off and on . I got my video card back now this happens. can someone help a newbie out. my frist gigabyte board. 8800 gts e6400, 2gigs of patriot ram 667. 500 watt ultra xfinity psu. everything worked before i rma my video card

Well....one stick might be bad. Try running booting to a memtest-86 test and let it run for a loop or two. If they both pass at least one loop then it's probably not the ram.

Have you upped the voltage on the ram ?Try setting it too +.3.You do know about Ctrl+F1 ? You can also try looser timings. Like 5-5-5-15 just to get it up and running

gigabit said:
Have you upped the voltage on the ram ?Try setting it too +.3.You do know about Ctrl+F1 ? You can also try looser timings. Like 5-5-5-15 just to get it up and running

my timing is at 4-4-4-12 at default volts of 1.8 . I will just leave it in single mode its running ok I think

stick in the new piece of ram with the old one not connected see if it still gives you that problem. do a bios update, and memtest it for 30min-1 hour.

it could be a power supply issue. you said you just got the 8800gts back. that thing draws alot of power no duh its gonna reset if it doesn't have enough power.

Back