• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gears of War or XBL in General?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkknight187

ok so here is my dilema, about a week or so ago i was at a friends house and we were on his and his brothers 360s crackin at some GoW (i still personally dislike the game and think there are for the most part pc games that are equally good if not better....hopefully that doesnt bring too many flames my way).

Anywho we enter into a match and start playing, the host who turned out to be on our team started talking about knowing how to boot, ect me having some knowledge of networking among other things disagreed that he could do that all using the little network tool cain and abel, i now know it wasnt only C&A that he used but a combo of that a software firewall and using his pc as an ICS or router for his 360, or possibly having a good router to do it on. anyways he was able to sucessfully boot somebody, i was even sent a message by the booted player that you could tell he didnt purposely quit. he also knew my friend and i were on the same IP, which could have been coincidence as i do think i remembered telling him that we were in the same room...

Anyways does anybody know if this is an any game on live or something unique to this game? i have this feeling that it's not easy to fix nor is it completely well known yet, i confirmed somebodys thoughts at the GoW forum about it and within a day or so that whole thread was terminated?

I also reported the guy for system tampering....like that'll do any good.....and know i don't remember his name, other than i think it had M's on both sides of it and started with a K well a K inside the M's....

rainless said:
You can boot players from most games anyway.

This is partially true, but we were playing on the Ranked Matches, never are hosts allowed to boot people from the ranked matches due to the points system and whatnot.

...guess it's slowly looking like a reason to play player matches..now if people wouldnt glitch everywhere.....ugh i can't wait til my pc is up and running.

darkknight187 said:
This is partially true, but we were playing on the Ranked Matches, never are hosts allowed to boot people from the ranked matches due to the points system and whatnot.

...guess it's slowly looking like a reason to play player matches..now if people wouldnt glitch everywhere.....ugh i can't wait til my pc is up and running.

I stopped playing Gears after beating it on Insane. They need more modes than your standard Deathmatch. They should have capture the flag, onslaught, and maybe even some newer experiences.

Jesus... "Deathmatch" is about 20 years old now. I thought they had ended that nonsense for good with the release of Unreal Tournament 2004.

Back