• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maxtor 160GB PATA/SATA drive, $39.99 SHIPPED!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The PATA would make a good TiVo/DVR type drive IMO. I might pick one up.

PS - SATA-150 will not limit this drive in the slightest. ;)

:cool:

Randyman... said:
The PATA would make a good TiVo/DVR type drive IMO. I might pick one up.

PS - SATA-150 will not limit this drive in the slightest. ;)

:cool:
I think I may pick one up just for that reason.

hmmmm.

iv been in serious need of a cheap 100gb+ harddrive (for media/audio) so maybe ill grab this..

since its not oem would it come with a sata cable? (other wise id need to grab one)

also, id heard bad things about maxtors failing and not being reliable could any one put my worries about that to rest?

Damn, just when I'm flat broke :(. I usually pick up a spare when they're on sale, install it in the server in a few months and sell the one it replaces (that's been in use for over a year) on ebay...

This way I always have a fresh drive with some warranty remaining... ;)

... and yes, my server's SiS chipset is rather old (no SATA support lol). But a HTPC/file server really doesn't need to be top of the line anyway.

erosion said:
iv been in serious need of a cheap 100gb+ harddrive (for media/audio) so maybe ill grab this..

since its not oem would it come with a sata cable? (other wise id need to grab one)

also, id heard bad things about maxtors failing and not being reliable could any one put my worries about that to rest?

Maxtors have a bad rap, but I've honestly never had any issues out of them. I prefer WD, Seagate, and Hitachi over them, but have actually owned more Maxtors than any other drive.

Considering Seagate is taking over their warranties, I would not hesitate to grab one of these if I needed a new drive. I know it will get replaced if it fails.

At this price, two is more than affordable for RAID1 :D

buy 4 and setup a raid 0. That would be crazy fast across 4 drives. Of course with that many drives a raid 5 wouldnt be out of the question either...

Back