• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FahMon on Linux SMP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harlam357

Senior Fold-a-holic
Ok... made the jump to FahMon since I got tired of EMIII and it's lack of SMP/GPU monitoring capabilities. Using Ungle_Fungus's latest build, the GPU is monitoring just fine but my two Linux SMP clients (via Samba) aren't being monitored correctly. I figured I'd have to let it "sync-up" after a couple frames like I always did with EMIII. Does not appear to be the case.

FahMon_1.jpg

Any suggestions? The WU is detected correctly, as seen above, but my ppd calc is way off... wish I was makin' those kinda' pernts. :D

The 2604s are wrong on Stanford's site. You either have to download the page and change the number of frames (incorrectly listed as two) to 100, then choose local file to update from, or use a hex editor and change the projects.dat file.

There is a how-to at folding-community.com on this. It's on one of the last few pages of the big FAHMon thread (sorry, no link).

yeah, what Jon said. it's meanly due to the fact that P2604 is incorrectly listed as 2 frame instead of 100 frame!!

oh, while we at Linux monitor talk, can someone tell me again is changing samba password is like this:

smbpasswd

'cos I've tried a few times, and I still can log in right in order on one box in order for me to monitor it via FahMon. all my other linux boxes is fine and no problem log in. but this one, it keep prompting me for user name and password..... :shrug:

Existing user where uname is your username:
sudo smbpasswd 'uname'

If creating a new user:
sudo smbpasswd -a 'uname'

You will be prompted for password and confirmation after both.

Yep... that did it... Thanks Jon! Wonder why they don't fix that? :confused:

Yep... got that. Wasn't sure if the 2.2.0 version included the uncle_fungus updates, but it does. So I'm now using the official release.

Seems to be working fine... except my clients keep showing a "yellow" state instead of a "green" state. They are running and Folding fine but that makes it a little difficult to assert when there indeed IS a problem. Anyone else see this?

edit: seems like most of the clients are being detected correctly now... weird why they sometimes go "yellow". But I can live with it. Here's what it looks like now... not bad for a handful of rigs. :D

FahMon_2.jpg

Last edited:
Back