• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Recommendations On Fans and Fan Controllers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

golfking222

I'm looking for recommendations on one very good looking 120mm fan for a tuniq tower, I'm looking at this Blue Gears b-COOL 120 Temperature Monitoring Fan, for the Tuniq and a 92mm Aluminum Case Fan for a HR-03 VGA Cooler. For general case fans for the original CM Stacker I'm looking at Aerocool Turbine 2000 Black 120mm LED Fan. I'm open to recommendations to other nice looking fans. I want every single fan in my case to be controlled by fan controllers. I don't mind having two fan controllers. I'd rather have them be 5.25" but I don't mind the 3" variety.

So to summarize I want -

1 x 120mm Fan Which Looks AMAZING for a Tuniq Tower
1 x 92mm Fan Which Looks AMAZING for a HR-03
1-3 x 80mm Fans which look nice for the top, and two spaces in the rear.
1-2 x 120mm Fans which look nice for the front intake.
1-2 x Very Nice Looking Fan Controllers to match the black front of the CM Stacker.

I want all the fans to be able to be controlled by a fan controller and all the fans to be as quiet as possible.

Thx :)

O yeah I forgot about that for the Tuniq :bang head . Well in that case, what's a HSF that you can see the fan :santa: .

I'd rather get some nicer looking fans than the Yate Loons because I'm buying a side w/ window for the CM Stacker. Those Fan controllers look nice, and I may buy 2 to fill front space on the Stacker. Honestly, I'm buying Fan Controllers to make the front look nicer.

In addition to the Fan Controllers, I want a temperature display for atleast the CPU and GPU. Maybe the general case temp even. Also, if possible I'd like a front panel which can be used to turn internal CCFL lights on and off.

I wouldnt make a decision on hardware based on what you can see and i dont buy fans based on LEDS its all about the perforance to noise ratio to me.
the ultra 120 is a good HS also and you can see the fan.

Well as far as the bling factor I could care less thats the best fan controller on the market and it can be used to control lights, it does not however have temp capability.
Pretty much all the fan controllers you see with all the bling and lights and features are garbage.

Well, is it possible to atleast change the 120mm fan inside the Tuniq to a good performance to noise ratio and some LEDs to make it glow atleast? I think a glowing Tuniq would look sick.

About the Fan Controller, does it have sensors to actually show the temps of the various components? I don't mean like the fan speed changes with temperature. Also, how would you go about controlling lights with the Fan Controller? Just connect the two pin thing usually reserved for the blue block to the Controller?

The Sunbeam doesn't have temp control.

ETA: Check out the fan selection at Performance-Pcs. They have a pretty good selection of led fans.

So it doesn't display temps, correct?

I want something like the Sunbeam Chromatic Windmill. Anybody have any experience with it. It looks nice, but I'd rather have one console purely for controllng fans, another for lights, and another for temp display.

I need some help, I found a site that has the SunBeam Rheobus. I have 2 UV Tubes and 2 Blue Cold Cathode Tubes in my case. I also want to be able to control, the CPU Fan, Video Card Fan, 3 Rear Case Fans, 1 Top Case Fan, and 1-2 Front Case Fans. This totals to be 4 Lights and 7/8 Case Fans. Does this mean I would need to buy 3 of those Rheobusses to control everything? If that's the case then I would rather get one Sunbeam Chromatic Windmill to control 7 fans and one Rheobus to control the lights. Thoughts?

EDIT: And for the lights, how do you connect them to a Rheobus? Do you take the cable straight from the tube and plug it into the controller in the same fashion as a fan?

EDIT #2: I saw that the Rheobus supports 20w to each connector, how would you connect more than one thing to each knob? (Not that I need to, but knowledge is power :))

Last edited:
Back