• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LumenLab projector!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Carisma

Registered
Hey guys!

I was looking at getting the LumenLab projector as my next display for my HTPC/gaming rig.

www.lumenlab.com/store

Specs:

* Resolution: 800×480 native, supports 640×480, 800×600 or 1024×768
* Lamp: 6,000 hour 150W HID
* Lamp replacement cost: $30.00
* Power: 90-260V / 50-60 HZ
* Inputs: Component, Composite (RCA), S-Video, VGA (PC)
* Input: RGB, PAL, NTSC
* Keystone correction ±15º
* Picture rotation for ceiling mounting
* Manual focus adjustment
* Aspect Ratio: Widescreen (15:9)
* Dimensions: 260(W)×330(L)×120(H)mm
* Weight: 5.8kg
* Body color: White
* Remote Control
* OSD Menu
* One-year limited warranty (lamp included)

I was wondering if this would be a good setup for my basement room for gaming/HTPC.

Thanks in advance.

Set your monitor to 1024×768 and stretch that image over 100"...
O Gawd tha'd be ugly.

Any half-decent projector will take a good $1500+.

Yor really want a 1920x1080(1080p) projector if you're going to go 60"+

Shell said:
Set your monitor to 1024×768 and stretch that image over 100"...
O Gawd tha'd be ugly.

Any half-decent projector will take a good $1500+.

Yor really want a 1920x1080(1080p) projector if you're going to go 60"+
Good point. I guess I might just wait on it.

BTW...I wasn't looking at going larger than 60".

nice price on the unit the lamp replacement is cheap my lamp cost $299.00 I get 3000 hrs on it.It didnt say how many ANSI

Big_Tex said:
nice price on the unit the lamp replacement is cheap my lamp cost $299.00 I get 3000 hrs on it.It didnt say how many ANSI
1000 ANSI Lumens

It will be good for watching DVDs, CS:S. If you like to game at 600x800. It's a good projector for the price.

You don't need a 1080p projector for 60" plus, and those are very cost prohibitive. The LL projector is designed to be a TV replacement and 800x480 is plenty resolution to watch TV and DVDs, although I wouldn't play any games other than CS:S or Starcraft on it.

My projector is 175" 16:10 1440x900 and it looks just fine on my screen.

As for ANSI lumens, they're like fan decibel ratings from manufacturers.

Business projectors need to be brighter for a lighted office environment. For home theatres you do NOT want a light cannon, there is a reason why a movie theatre is dark.

Maviryk said:
It will be good for watching DVDs, CS:S. If you like to game at 600x800. It's a good projector for the price.

You don't need a 1080p projector for 60" plus, and those are very cost prohibitive. The LL projector is designed to be a TV replacement and 800x480 is plenty resolution to watch TV, although I wouldn't play any games other than CS:S or Starcraft on it.

My projector is 175" 16:10 1440x900 and it looks just fine on my screen.

As for ANSI lumens, they're like fan decibel ratings from manufacturers.

Business projectors need to be brighter for a lighted office environment. For home theatres you do NOT want a light cannon, there is a reason why a movie theatre is dark.
The only games I am going to play are www.rFactor.net and Richard Burns Rally (racing game).

It will be my TV screen too. I don't know if I should even thinking about hooking up my PS3 to it.

Big_Tex said:
for 499.00 you could home brew you one.
Yeah I could but it wouldn't be as small as this one.

I am still thinking about doing my own anyway.

You could, but the LL projector already has all the input capabilities. If you homebrew one you will have to buy the RCA/Tuner/Component/Svideo to VGA box, plus the ungainly size/noise, and the fact that you'd have to have the skill knowledge to build it yourself.

PS3 won't look good on it since it is not HD.

My projector is made from one of LL's homebrew "pro" kits. Hooked up via te 360 VGA cable it's full 720p, but mine also took $700 worth of parts and about 2 weeks of build time.

Maviryk said:
You could, but the LL projector already has all the input capabilities. If you homebrew one you will have to buy the RCA/Tuner/Component/Svideo to VGA box, plus the ungainly size/noise, and the fact that you'd have to have the skill knowledge to build it yourself.

PS3 won't look good on it since it is not HD.

My projector is made from one of LL's homebrew "pro" kits. Hooked up via te 360 VGA cable it's full 720p, but mine also took $700 worth of parts and about 2 weeks of build time.
Actually the projector is HDTV compatible.

Here are some more specs... http://www.aboutprojectors.com/Lumenlab-eVo-v11-projector.html

Being HDTV compatible only means it can ACCEPT and HD signal and downscale it to the native resolution.

As you can see by the native resolution of 800x480, the max it can display is regular widescreen DVD format. 720p and above will be downscaled.

Any screen/projector that is truly HD has to be able to display a resolution of 1280x720 (720P) or more.

Maviryk said:
Being HDTV compatible only means it can ACCEPT and HD signal and downscale it to the native resolution.

As you can see by the native resolution of 800x480, the max it can display is regular widescreen DVD format. 720p and above will be downscaled.

Any screen/projector that is truly HD has to be able to display a resolution of 1280x720 (720P) or more.
Okay thanks for letting me know that.

I am new to HD/HDTV sorry.

Maybe I should just save for a actual TV that is able to accept HD or get a projector that can.

for the price of it and bulb replacement price I say go for it.You could always turn around and resell it if you dont like it.

Big_Tex said:
for the price of it and bulb replacement price I say go for it.You could always turn around and resell it if you dont like it.
That is true.

I will let everyone know how it is when I build my system and move at the end of the month.

Baltimore here I come.

Back