• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recent stepping from the Egg...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Almost everyone here has gotten good clocks from their opteron. Just make sure your mobo can handle the high FSB for the 9x multi.

I got another Ultra D with a so so clocking Opty in it right now, 2400mhz 1.5 vcore.....

Perhaps I should leave well enough alone.........heh

The Wicker Man said:
I got another Ultra D with a so so clocking Opty in it right now, 2400mhz 1.5 vcore.....

Perhaps I should leave well enough alone.........heh

That's what I'm doing, leaving well enough alone. After a disappointing 4400+ that wouldn't do beans past 2.4GHz, and a disappointing Opteron 170 that would barely do 2.5GHz (both at 1.5v, or close to it), I'm just leaving it all alone and waiting for quad cores to come out and be decently priced. With my luck, it's all I can do right now. I had such high hopes after my 2.9GHz San Diego too.

Sorin, I have the same chip as you and can get it to about 2.7 @ 1.4v, my ram timimgs are just keeping me a bit locked up.

WonderingSoul said:
Sorin, I have the same chip as you and can get it to about 2.7 @ 1.4v, my ram timimgs are just keeping me a bit locked up.

I know, it's supposed to be a decent stepping, but I apparently am on a 'bunk chip' streak (first the 4400, then the 170). In two different boxes (different mb, ram, psu), it clocks the same. Anything passed 2.5GHz ends up in errors and random shutdowns.

Back