• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you make your own mouse pad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mycobacteria

There are some realy expensive mose pads out there like 30 bucks or even more.

What are they made of that makes them so expensive?

Can we make our own super slick mouse pad?

Sugestions welcome...

Wax paper is what I use, but I have an old mouse pad under mine for comfort. I love to rest my wrist and part of my pinky on the pad so I dont go too fast for a shot, so the pad is kinda necessary.

Definitely would just purchase a Steelpad or such instead of making one. They have cheaper mousepads like the QCK+ which work well, and aren't expensive.

Don't know why anyone would cheap out on the mousepad when they spend so much on a mouse.

Is it me, are mousepads just to small, my mouse doesn't like to be restricted >_<

B0006YZO7Y.01-A3SKJE188CW5XG._SCLZZZZZZZ_V44658691_AA250_.jpg
$1 hardboard clipboard. Clip to the edge of your desk or drill out the rivets to remove the clamp and you have an excellent mouse pad that will last atleast a whole year.

Gaming Mousepads are HUMONGOUS. If I compared one to my current cheap dell mousepad, I'm sure it would be atleast double the size.

I have a Steelpad QcK and a Steel 5L. i used to have a fUnc 1030. all were really great pads. i don't mind spending money on comfort and not screwing over my mouses. The razer mousefeets will wear out with use so by using a cloth or smooth mousepad will greatly increase it's lifetime. You can flick faster and you get better tracking and no mouse jumping. don't mind spending the 15 dollars on my QcK. I won my 5L though.

btw, golfking222. it looks like you're using a G5 but a lot of people in professional gaming like the older designs and stick with lower DPI and there are different methods for gaming like swiping and the such. You would hate yourself if you lost a major match cause your mousepad was small and your mouse got caught on the edge too.

I bought a sheet of 1/4" lexan and was building my own mousepad, which I was going to cover with a teflon release sheet that I got from work. I couldn't find any type of adhesive that would bond to the teflon sheet so I gave up on that.

However I did sand the pad down with 1000 grit sandpaper, which made the surface extremely smooth. I'm debating on painting the underside glossblack and then a protective coating over that so it doesn't scratch off. Then I'd have an attractive crystal mousepad with a slick surface.

Back