• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Backup & Loose/killurself utility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SybrCLocK

Sometimes i wonder who makes high level decisions on some features @ ms

anyway loooong storry short:
- I made a full computer backup of my C drive onto a spare HDD. It created xml`s, and a 10GB vhd. So far so good
- i reinstalled vista, plugged in my DVD (stayed in chat with a support engineer from MS who musta been 15, or retarded. The guy tried to create a 1 TB backup on my 36GB drive in order to restore?!). So like i was saying i plugged in the dVD and choosed the full system restore, but ... where is the browse button?! cuz vista doesnt know where to get restore images from.

So anyone had experience with it... although i pray to the sun no one had to go through the frustration i went through tonight.

thanks

well i`m really glad no one had to suffer on this one...

new MS strategy

"let's not make vista easy and user friendly, let's make it functional, complicated and if someone farts the wrong way it`ll crash"

the backup was not working cuz the folder name was not WindowsImageBackup

how retarded is that? i think implementing a browse button would have killed 12 little puppies and they could not deal with that

sheesh

p.s: forgot.. as a bonus the restore wiped out a 250GB drive. God bless torrents and crackers, cuz if they would not exist, a lot of MS dev's would have been assasinated =))

Last edited:
Back