• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NewEgg and "Best Match" - WTH??!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Atomic Dawg

Has anyone noticed that whenever you list a category on NewEgg, it now defaults to "Best Match"? I've always sorted by the number of reviews. In the past, it would remember what you sort by. Now, it seems to default to "Best Match" all the time. What do they mean by "Best Match" anyway? Let me guess: Best Match = Companies who paid us money to be listed first.

Maybe I'm way off base here. I don't mean to be cynical but it's bugging me.

I ran into this yesterday while using the guided search. I thought it was just for guided search as I normally use power search.

It's been doing that to me for a few days now and it has been very annoying. I think after enough people give feed back they'll change it.

i noticed the change over a few days ago...it sucks
i always sort by lowest price, with reviews as my secondary sort

It is very annoying. I have to keep clicking it. Is there anyway to get it to default to lowest price?

I went to NewEgg and chose the category Desktop Memory. I clicked "See All Desktop Memory". It sorted all the memory by "Best Match". The first item listed was a single stick of Kingston 256MB PC133 ValueRAM. Now, being that my last purchase was 4 2GB sticks of G.Skill F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ DDR2 800 for a total of 8GBs, how the heck does NewEgg figure my "Best Match" is a stick of Kingston 256MB PC133 ValueRAM?!?!?! I think they need to work on their "predictive purchasing" algorithm...

I agree as well, and anyone notice how now it defaults to guided search instead of advanced search? And each time you change criteria it resets to "best match" I mean what in the world is it matching? the Moon and Earth's planetary alignment? I'm not sure what inspired newegg to do this but they need to unfix it quickly please.

Like the rest of you, I find this to be extremely annoying. If they want to have it set by default for the noobs to their site, at least give us some way to customize the way their site comes up to our satisfaction or just put it back to the way it was before some idiot had their "bright idea". :rolleyes:

/me goes looking for Newegg rep to PM him about this stupid website behavior.

I can only assume "Best Match" is what they have sold the most of in that catigory..

Yea I noticed and it is annoying.. but I didn't think much about it (sometimes I get bugs like this) :shrug:

Back