• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

testing FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmt391

I'm in the process of testing for my max FSB speed and It won't post with 290mhz(6x multi, 3x HTT, 266 mem divider). Would it help me to increase the CPU voltage to hit a higher FSB or is that completely pointless?

Mr. Roboto said:
Nope, higher voltages are what get you higher clocks, but be careful, you're only on air.

nope to what - me giving it higher voltages or that its pointless

and the voltages are currently at stock(2.6v mem, 1.35v CPU) and my temps are like 26 idle 32 load right now so I'm not too worried

I don't plan on going higher than about 1.45v on the CPU and I'm not sure about the RAM - what's a safe voltage that will get good clocks. 2.8v?

EDIT: it seems like 287mhz is the best my mobo can do - voltage increases didn't do anything. That's fine with me, I can get some pretty decent clocks off of that (im hoping for 2870mhz with a 10x multi or some comob that gets me in that range depending on the RAM)

Last edited:
Back