• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

duron 800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davesalisburyuk

Registered
i have overclocked my duron 800 to 920 but when i adjust the fsb to get it to run at 960 then boot up windows its says windows protection error failed to initizaled device NTKERN then restart i am using a gigabyte motherboard can anyone help? Is this to do witht my network card because i have heard that netwrok cards can stop the fsb going to its full

Last edited:
You can remove the network card and retry, if it reboots, runs some benchmarks and see how stable it is. Im not sure about the gigbyte board, but if you can raise the voltage, you make want to try that, it will help with stability. Or you can connect the L7's and it will default to 1.75. Just make sure you have good cooling.

at what FSB does it restart ? Maybe it's too out-of-spec. And yes, as robjustice said, you can connect the L7 for a higher default voltage to get more stability if your mobo doesn't allow you voltage changes.

EDIT : Are you using a 1/3 or a 1/4 PCI divider ?

Last edited:
i have seem my share of " windows protection error " when i overclock my chip. most of time it happen when chip is on the edge of making the dream speed :) in my case, up the voltage
help. what voltage are u running with your duron?

dr0p0ut

i have changed the voltage of my duron to 1.85, i dont know what pci dricer i'm using and it happens when i go above an fsb of 115 has anyone got an ideas please?

Im running a Duron 800 @ 149x7 on a epox 8KHA+

I think i could go higher on the FSB if i had a better PSU.

Your problem shouldnt be with your CPU not liking the high FSB, so its probably something else.

Back