• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post Official 6420 OC Results Here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Andisoss

Registered
ITS HERE!

FPO/BATCH# L647G476
Package Date: 03/28/07
Prod Code: BX80557E6420SLA4T
MM# 888975

Last edited:
Well, bad news. I think my new motherboard might be DOA. Will keep troubleshooting.

Update: Earliest they can get me a new board is Tuesday! Ugh! I am very upset by this. I was looking forward to using my old AMD XP 1800+ as a tee on the driving range this weekend.

JWS2346, the fate of man kind rest in your hands for now. Hope you get your CPU today. Let me know what FPO/BATCH# you get.

Last edited:
Yeah, I second "hope you get your problem straightened out", I was suppose to get my E6420 today (04/12/07), but I guess a UPS Pony Express horse got sick :cry: (hopefully tomorrow :confused: ), anyway according to an email sent by some person named Joan, at BLT Sales I was expecting my chip today. Like I said "hopefully tomorrow", if not, then I'll have to wait until Monday (UPS doesn't deliver to my area on weekends) :mad:

Edit: I did get some PC6400 RAM today though, so I guess the horse wasn't too sick :shrug:

Last edited:
You guys might find this interesting.

Now these 6320's and 6420's are procs that I've got no trouble recommending. IMHO they deserve the hype that they E4300 got instead.

I'll let you guys know on Tuesday! 8(
I planned on using my weekend to play with the CPU, but those plans got blown. (Thanks, Gigabyte) Interesting read though, thank you.

Man, am I one "happy camper" :p . My E6420 cpu came today and I thought UPS didn't deliver in my area on weekends, I take back everything I've ever said bad about UPS (well...., almost everything :rolleyes:) This chip is so easy to OC' it's not funny. Now I'm not a record breaker overclocker, I just want a nice, cool running, safe and dependable OC' because I leave my machines on 24/7 folding and it's a hassle rebooting all the time. :shrug: , but this chip was at 3.0 GHz before I knew it, I just dialed 376 fsb and booted, no vcore adjustment , no freakin' nothing :eek: I get a frame time at 3.0 GHz of about 12 mins even, I did learn something else, in my game of "musical" cpu's I put a E6300 in a Asrock 775DUAL-VSTA and was lucky to get 2.0 GHz. (maybe the chip wants more vcore, maybe it didn't like the 667 DDR2 RAM? :confused: ) When I had this same chip, same memory, same VC, even the same PSU in a P5B Dlx it clocked about 2.4 GHz (I can't remember if I gave the chip more juice or not :eh?: (I got a Biostar board yesterday and I'm going to RMA it and get another P5B Dlx mobo, if I had any brains I would have ordered the Asus to start with, I've got two of them now and I've never had any problems with either running 24/7 :bang head D'oh) So, for my unqualified opinion : the E6420 is a good chip and not being a record breaking overclocker, it seems to be simple to OC' and it runs cool ambient temp about 22c, Core Temp and Intel TAT it does about 20c idle and 36c load (orthos, that's under a Zalman 9700 HSF, I do love these Zalmans :p )

@pscout I haven't given up on the x3210, I'm collecting aluminum cans and saving money like a "mad rabbit" :D

Because we got our CPU from the same supplier and around the same time, i wonder if we were on the same batch? What is your BATCH#? I can not wait. I bet if you tapped up the core a little bit, you could it it much higher. Post SCREEN SHOTS, too!

Wow, can't wait for my next build. Those C2Ds are just spectacular OC'ers.

I have a question though, what's the difference between an E6400 and E6420? From what I've seen they're the same thing, so why do people use 6400 and 6420 interchangeably?

I have a question though, what's the difference between an E6400 and E6420? From what I've seen they're the same thing, so why do people use 6400 and 6420 interchangeably?
The 4mb of cache makes a big difference in certain applications, such as Folding.(Mainly SMP client)

the 6300 and 6400 have 2mb of cache and the new 6320 and 6420 have 4mb
They are cheaper better and the 6300 and 6400 will be phased out.

EDIT Holy smokes I was too slow typing. lol

Back