• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH Deluxe Drive problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koontz946

OK I want to set up 2 RAID-0s with 2 drives each, and in addition have my 160GB storage drive and my DVD burner (all SATA).

So far I have one RAID running, the DVD drive works, and the system sees one of the other RAID-ready drives, but not its pair, and not the storage drive.

Here's my current plug setup:

160 - SATA_RAID1
120a - SATA1
320a - SATA3
DVD - SATA4
320b - EZ_RAID2
120b - EZ_RAID1

If I remember correctly, the SATA_RAID1 is the JMicron port that works in RAID with the eSATA port for an on-the-go RAID.
The SATA1/3/4 ports I think are on the intel controller, and I'm not sure exactly what's up with the EZ_RAID ones, since the intel one can pick up a drive from it (what my OS is running on right now.)

If anyone has suggestions or first-hand experience with setting up 2 RAIDs on this mobo I'd greatly appreciate any help... this is one of the few things I have left to get worked out!

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...=1&model=P5W+DH+Deluxe&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

For your setup, I recommend:
One RAID (the faster one) on SATA1,SATA3
One RAID on EZBACKUP
DVD on SATA4
160 on JMICRON1

Connect all the drives. Put EZBACKUP jumpers in RAID0. Boot into BIOS. On the first screen, set the IDE to RAID.
Then go to the advanced page, find JMICRON and set that to RAID. Lastly, find the EZBACKUP option and set to ENABLE.
Reboot, press CTRL I or CTRL H or whatever to get into the Intel Matrix bootrom. Set up raid on SATA1,SATA3. (The EZBACKUP should show up as a single drive.)
Reboot, install OS with F6-intel RAID drivers.

PS. EZBACKUP is crap, unfortunately you have too many SATA devices. If you could get rid of the DVD or 160, you could do two RAID0 directly on the Intel Matrix.

Thanks much, I'll give that a shot this weekend.

By "EZBACKUP is crap" what do you mean? That RAID is only 240GB and I was going to use it to store captured TV / FRAPS footage, not run an OS or any games from it. Would it at least handle that much?

The easy raid just uses a jumper instead of the raid manager. I think your suppost to use 2 identical drive sizes with the ezraid, the intel raid dosnt care, Im not sure rather the ezraid is intel or a silicon controller.

koontz946 said:
Thanks much, I'll give that a shot this weekend.

By "EZBACKUP is crap" what do you mean? That RAID is only 240GB and I was going to use it to store captured TV / FRAPS footage, not run an OS or any games from it. Would it at least handle that much?

Yes, it should be fine.

Back