• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New heatsink....new top speed. =)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
I got ahold of the new Mellinnium Glaciator II "Lite" to test out a while ago....

MY XP1800+ didn't like it all that much, but my P/// 700E sure does! :D

I've had the P///700 mounted in a Soltek SL02A++ slotket since I got it, and have tried a few different HSF's on it over time... Best I ever got was 138FSB(+)/968MHz. I put the Glaciator "Lite" on the P/// after testing it out on the XP, just to see how it might stack up against the Alpha PEP66T I had running on it. I dunno if I finally got just the right amount of Arctic Silver on there, or it's just a good match, but;

My temps dropped a good 4-6c, and it's been humming away, Folding for 48 hours straight now (no problems up/downloading work) at 975MHz!! :eek: :D

This is at 2.1v, BTW....

I'm gonna try to go one more FSB after the next WU finishes.... I've hoped for 1GHz outta this puppy since I got it, but never got this close before.

Andrew Lemont did another great job on that HSF... Kudos to Millennium Thermal Solutions for another fine product!

Actually, the thing that amazes me most right now, is the memory is running at CAS 2-2-2. Never did that before, either...lol.

I know it's rolling around to wintertime here, but it's no colder than usual in the 'puter room....

:confused:

Mr B said:
Actually, the thing that amazes me most right now, is the memory is running at CAS 2-2-2. Never did that before, either...lol.

I know it's rolling around to wintertime here, but it's no colder than usual in the 'puter room....

:confused:
LOL, I was just going to say something about how the colder weather probably isn't hurting it...I know my computers been likeing the weather the last couple days..It's still snowing here right now....

Mr B: congrats, only 5 more FSB MHz more before you reach your goal... I expect to see you over the 1 GHz barrier very soon ;)

rufunky: how'd you go about doing that case mod? that looks like it was pretty tricky to cut... I'm getting that case, and I wanna mod it out, so any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Xaeryan said:
Mr B: congrats, only 5 more FSB MHz more before you reach your goal... I expect to see you over the 1 GHz barrier very soon ;)

rufunky: how'd you go about doing that case mod? that looks like it was pretty tricky to cut... I'm getting that case, and I wanna mod it out, so any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hey Xaeryan, I wrote short tut on it a while back hope it helps.....:) http://forums.overclockers.ws/vb/showthread.php?threadid=36996&highlight=window

funnyperson1 said:
that would be nice except the original all copper Glaciator is cheaper....

Oddly enough, I've run the original Glaciator (copper) on the P///...I didn't get these results though. I cannot explain it, the copper sink certainly kept the temps nice and low (the aluminum version does a great job at this too...).

The 700E just likes this one, for some reason.... Heck, I'm not gonna argue...:p

I bumped it up another FSB a couple of hours ago. 982MHz, and Folding.... ;) We'll see what happens when it finishes the WU... if it uploads/downloads properly, and keeps running...

**update** DRAT! 982 locked up after a couple of hours.... back to 975 it goes...:(

Last edited:
Back