• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm Building Again - Point Me in the Right Direction

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jenkx

I've been away from water cooling for a while. Built my last system in 04. Haven't used it since the summer of 05. I've moved to Macs.

However my cousin wants me to build two water cooled systems for his daughters. They are young girls about 10 and 12. One wants a system that glows pink and the other wants a system that glows purple.

Since I've been away from water cooling for a while it would be helpful if you all pointed me toward the parts to build a reliable system for them. I want to use mid tower cases and I'm oly going to w/c the cpu. Please give me a list of parts ranging from the complete w/c system to which cpu, gpu, and mother board to use along with case options etc. Post links to sites where I can view and purchase these parts. My cousin wants to spend a minimal amount of money since his girls aren’t heavy computer users. They just want to email, do homework, view myspace, and things like that.

I can't seem to find any purple and pink die, and LED fans and stuff like that, If you know of any please direct me to them. Thanks in advance for your help.

Below are pics of the last beast I built.
100_0129.jpg

100_0175.jpg

100_0126.jpg

100_0145.jpg

100_0153.jpg

100_0147.jpg

100_0147.jpg

100_0123.jpg

Last edited:
I know thisnt on topic, but come one man that system is not in 95. Its gotta be in 2002. So you have not been away that long.

On topic, i would suggest SFF watercooling project with European watercooling style. This isnt for performance but mostly for neat looking.

I would pick Qpack for the case. BIP or BI GT-120 steath for rad, DDC+ for pump, tubing size i prefer is not bigger than 3/8". For blocks i would pick some low restrictive blocks.

parts would depend on your price range, and if you are going to OC or not etc.

i'm guessing that the pipes and bottle are for topping up the system, how does that work?

rajanm1 said:
i'm guessing that the pipes and bottle are for topping up the system, how does that work?

What you see there is Swiftech's old system. I think they stoped making them. I don't know why because they worked really well. At least mine did, and still does. I have a loop I have not done anything to in over a year. It workes like a res where there is an inlet and an outlet. The inlet would suck in water and the outlet would expell all the air bubbles. Once all the air was cycled out of the system to ecxape throurgh the jar the blue nozzles were turned thus shutting off the extension hoses and opening an internal loop (check the third pic from the top) which was completly free of air. The extensions hoses that go into the bottle are then easly removed and stored someplace untill neeed again.

Back