• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone Seen This? PCIE Graphics Card Protector? LOL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fr3@k3r

http://www.coolmaxusa.com/productDe...&subcategory=powertester&category=powertester

Built-in Graphic Card Protector to safeguard and protect the VGA card up to a 12V electrical power surge from your PC PSU.
Graphic Card Protector is a 12V electric protector against PC damage from power failed by over voltage or over current.
REMI cord can reduce electronic ripple and noise to stabilize EMI interference.

$15.99 + $4.99 at newegg.. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814999001

i wonder if it really works?

If you have a decent PSU this is useless. Reminds me of the last electrical storm here, I was working on a timeline. This PCP&C had enough of a charge in the caps that when the house lights went out for a second the PC never even shut down, that impressed me.

I call bull**** on this one. If there is a surge it is also going to travel through your motherboard to your GPU courtesy of the 75 watts standard PCI-E power.

Brute Force said:
I call bull**** on this one. If there is a surge it is also going to travel through your motherboard to your GPU courtesy of the 75 watts standard PCI-E power.
Ya, I say just get a decent power supply and a surge protector. Protect your entire system. Having just one piece of equipment protected is like running into a mine field naked except for a steel helmet. Your heads fine, but whats it good for if the rest of you is gone?

Surge protector or UPS would be better suited then this thing which is really nothing.

Its like locking the front door but having the back door wide open with a sign says enter here.

"I should warn you i have a tiny bullet-proof shield the exact size of a bullet somewhere on my body and if you hit it i will be unharmed and your plan will be foiled, youll be the laughing stock of me." Adam West

that pretty much sums it up .
better do a surge protector for full system protection

Back