• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hit a wall on Tforce 550 SE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mallytheelder

Registered
I am using this board with the X2 3600 Brisbane.

I can boot all the way up to 280 HTT and be orthos stable with stock volts. Anything above that with every voltage up to 1.45 either won't boot into windows, or when it does fails orthos within 20 minutes.

I have Some G Skill DDR2 800 memory running on the 533 divider, so I don't think its my ram. I have tried HTT Multipliers from 2 to 4 with the same results. I am fairly happy with hitting 2.75 Ghz, but reallly wanna hit 3. Any other suggestions?

BTW - I am using the latest bios (207).

Max Async Latency also seems to help, run your ram at its rated timings or looser, and play with different memory dividers as well.

mallytheelder said:
I am using this board with the X2 3600 Brisbane.

I can boot all the way up to 280 HTT and be orthos stable with stock volts. Anything above that with every voltage up to 1.45 either won't boot into windows, or when it does fails orthos within 20 minutes.

I have Some G Skill DDR2 800 memory running on the 533 divider, so I don't think its my ram. I have tried HTT Multipliers from 2 to 4 with the same results. I am fairly happy with hitting 2.75 Ghz, but reallly wanna hit 3. Any other suggestions?

BTW - I am using the latest bios (207).

With bios N5TAAB16 BS, Im running a very stable 295.7. Here are my cpuz screens. Maybe theres something you can see in there that will help you go a bit higher..

Attachments

• biostarcpuz3.JPG
    biostarcpuz3.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 52
  • biostarcpuz2.JPG
    biostarcpuz2.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 46
  • biostarcpuz.JPG
    biostarcpuz.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 46
Back