• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XCLIO VS ANTEC EARTHWATTS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

radware

Registered
My soon to be system -
C2D e4300
2 gig ram
1 sata 160 gig
couple case fans

xclio

antec

I plan to do a overclock from 1.8 to 3 Ghz or less.

Thanks for any input. I order this tonight most likely

nvidiaOCmaster said:
I don't think either of those can be considered "Quality Units"

I'm still learning PSU companies though
hmm i am learning about psu's as well. After reading the PSU Buying Guide I found xclio is quality, and some antecs are quality. I'm just not sure about this antec.

pak said:
For a little bit more you can get a lot better. I would probably get this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104034 or this onehttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104934

When it comes to PSU's a lot will agree that you should get the best you can afford even if it means stepping down in another component. Ofcourse, you don't have to get one of those 1kwatt jobs.

--pak
thanks for your comment, and not to sound rude in any way, but I will only be spending about 45 dollars for that power supply I only linked that site because they have a picture of it. Has anyone used this exact antec before?

I don't think your going to find a good powersupply for a system like that for $45

jcw122 said:
I don't think your going to find a good powersupply for a system like that for $45
Thanks for that comment ;)

Let me reword my question- These are my two choices for a power supply, which of the two is better?

Well I remeber reading somewhere that antec's have problems. I'd stay away from that one. I would probably just give the other one a shot, though I have read nothing about it.

--pak

pak said:
Well I remeber reading somewhere that antec's have problems. I'd stay away from that one. I would probably just give the other one a shot, though I have read nothing about it.

--pak
thanks for the input

Last edited:
Back