• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone still use a Barton in their main PC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skidooosl

Looks like I am a bit behind the times here…. Just cant bring my self to spend the money on my PC to upgrade… man, when I built this thing years back it was top of its game though…. How time has changed :)

Just wondering how many other people out there are still running a Barton in their main PC?

Hope I am not alone :p

2800 XP-M here and still quite happy with it :)

But I plan to upgrade to a Barcelona Quad end of this summer if I can afford it by then..

Still plugging away as well here:) Thing overclocks like a beast so I can't bring myself to upgrade just yet. That and diapers and formula are damn expensive :D

You bet ya. But that's only because it took me so long to setup my Operating System partitions and I'd hate to install Windows from scratch again on a new motherboard and make new Drive Image files with all my applications and fonts set just the way I like them.

When DDR III and AM3 motherboards arrive, I'll switch, (or maybe I'll do a head fake and buy Intel?)

[200] FSB x 12.5 = 2500 MHz @ 1.85 Vcore with memory frequency at 100% [200 FSB] @ 2.90 Vdimm and 1.6 Vdd
Epox 8RDA3+ v2.1, BIOS 07/29/2004
Thermalright SLK-900A with 80x38mm Delta EFB0812HHE fan
AIW 9600XT 128MB; Antec SX-835II case ; 380W Antec TruePower2 TPII-380
Five 80x25mm Case Fans

Me too, I bought my chip the instant it became obsolete (K8's launch day). I also paired it with the inane nVidia SoundStorm (that went nowhere), and the fabulous, but short-lived, Radeon 9500.

I'm keeping this one for a while longer.

and the fabulous, but short-lived, Radeon 9500

I'm still running one of those in my son's pc, I have it softmodded paired with an unlocked 1700, actually plays BF2 fairly well

i set my mom and dad up with my 2600m at 2.3 gig with a gig of ram and a 7600gs agp card.. they are very happy with it..

Gave my Parents a old 2200+ system with a gig of ram and a ati 9550 they are compleetly happy with it .

I don't have any running anymore, a bad psu took out my AN7 so I'm left with two athlon xp-m without a home, one is modded to be a mp chip. These might be good for a cheap HTPC I might build.

rig in sig.running stock for now until I quit being lazy and swap the motherboard for a nforce2 board in my closet.I used to run the chip at 2.4 but will probably only run at 2.2 because I'm tired of listening to loud fans.

I had two but recently replaced one with a new C2D rig and the last Barton will be retired soon after the upcoming C2D price drop.

Still useful for desktop apps but not for SMP_FAH.

It's not my main system of course but I still have a mobile Barton running in a DFI Ultra B, the system is still too much fun to get rid of. :thup:

unfortunately, all my Bartons are gone, my gaming rig, Barton 2500 with 9550 GE went to a friend of mine in exchange for a laptop with a 2500-m. I eventually sold that to another friend and bought an engine with part of the money and drank the rest :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: but as far as I know they're both still running, the Desktop even survived 2 power supply explosions :eek:

1st sig rig is still my main rig. House payments and the gf have gobbled up my spare money. Have a 2600 xp-m that didn't seem to O/C that well but I'm gonna' be cleaning the case so I'll give it one more try.

Back