• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just wondering....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D4z3dnConfvz3d

Registered
do you guys think these parts would make a good setup?
plus... i am not sure if i want to even do it yet, but if i should also WC my graphics card, how should i do it? just two GPU waterblocks? i have the asus en7800gt dual (it has two GPUs on a single card)

thanks in advance :D

please guys, this is going to be my first WC setup:confused:, any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated:). I need to order this by monday:-/.

Ok, where do I begin.... :p

First thing I would say is that in this parts list there is a lot of show. I don't know if you wanted things based on appearance, or if you just thought they are necessary. In the case that it is the latter, I'll point out a few things. The delrin t-fitting is pretty, but you can buy a T at home depot for about $1. The clamps, a bag of them, maybe $2. The fillport is basically just an end cap, you can get a valve that does just as well for $3. If you wanted the T and fillport for looks, that fine, but the clamps are just clamps, get them at a local store. Last but most importantly, FluidXP+ is at best the same as distilled, and at worst, a complete ripoff. If you want the UV, buy some UV dye and add it to a loop filled with $1 per gallon distilled grocery store water and either a 5% or 10% antifreeze addition. It will be a lot less than $25.

That gets rid of the things you would potentially remove from the cart. The rest are performance vs price type decisions. If it were me, I wouldn't get any of these, so heres why: (Disclaimer: I am me, you are you, if your situation is such that this advice doesn't make sense, feel free to tell me to go to hell.)

The res is redundant if you are going to use a T-line, it can be removed entirely from the cart. If you are dead set on using a res, something I never have understood, omit the T fitting and the fillport.

The pump is now 2nd tier, and noisy to my ears. I would suggest either the DDC-1 or DDC-2, they are priced similarly, are quieter, and if you get a replacement top, they perform the same or better, and can handle 1/2" ID tubing.

The rad is insanely overpriced. If you are going over $100 for a rad, it had better be a thermochill. I use low cfm fans, so the BIX III Extreme wouldn't be my choice, but if you plan to put some serious fans on it, here is a BIX III for less than half the price.

The storm block is powerful, its also insanely restrictive, but its a good block. However swiftech has newer offerings that might be better depending upon your hardware. If you are running an exposed core cpu, as most AMD chips are, the storm would probably be better, if however you are running anything with an IHS like all recent intel chips, the apogee gtx would be better, and is identical in terms of pricing.

I would just change the water block to an apogee GT or GTX. I think everything else is really preference. You can go cheaper on a few parts, but I don't think you will have larger performance gains or losses eitherway.

--pak

It looks like the only way you could cool that graphics card is with two of the universal GPU waterblocks. Hopefully the hole dimensions around the gpu are the same as the normal 7800gt.

http://www.petrastechshop.com/swmcg...tp://www.petrastechshop.com/enbmpufocora.html

Looks like you would have to get 2 packs of the heatspreaders for all the ram though.

thanks guys... ordered my parts this morning... i will post some pics in a new thread once its up and running properly. this thing is gonna be smokin, hehehehe. :burn:

Back