• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gamer007

I recently purchased a new machine with alot of horsepower and wanted to make use of it all, so I figured I'd put F@H on it to use those cycles while I'm at work, school, etc... I installed Wedo's one click dually adv method since I'm running a duo core 2, but the services start then stop. Can anyone please help me out with this? I want to get this going. :beer:

Post up your cfg.txt file

Let's take a look under the hood. ;)

See what setting you have.

What OS are you using?

Running on windows vista home premium

[settings]
username=gamer007=32
asknet=no
machineid=1
local=362
bigpackets=no

[http]
active=no
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=no

[clienttype]
type=1

[core]
priority=0
cpuusage=100
disableassembly=no
checkpoint=15
ignoredeadlines=no

[power]
battery=no

If you want to let your computer really get going on FAH, I'd change big packets to "Yes":

Be sure it's stopped.

Open client.cfg file and be VERY CAREFUL to leave the char right behind the 's' in yes, absolutely alone! It's a unix end of line char, and may not be visible in notepad (depends on your font, but it looks like garbage even if you can see it).

Then save the file, and restart the client.

I'm a DIYourself'er; I'll let others assist you with Wedo's one click.

Do you have a firewall that needs to be given FAH as an exception so it can communicate? The first thing FAH client will need to do
is to download a core and a Work Unit. Without an exception in the firewall for it, it can't fold, because it can't download anything.

Adak

Here are the errors I'm getting.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 26
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 26
Thanks, I didn't see that since right off the bat I went straight for the stickies. :)

Borked Client.cfg. You deleted the line feed symbol after username=gamer007 and the word team when you edited client.cfg. It should look like this:

[settings]
username=gamer007
team=32
asknet=no
machineid=1
local=0
bigpackets=yes

[http]
active=no
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=no

[clienttype]
type=1

[core]
priority=0
cpuusage=100
disableassembly=no
checkpoint=30
ignoredeadlines=no

[power]
battery=no

If you want to keep track of how many WUs an instance has completed, edit local= to 0 as I did in the example.

There are 2 basic ways to edit the cleint.cfg:

1) using the client itself run it from the desktop (not as a service) with the -config or -configonly switches. It willl take you through all the setup prompts and you can accept the current setting or change them one at a time. Note: don't say yes to "run as a service" prompt if you are using wedo's 1 click ... they are 2 different ways to run as a service and are mutually exclusive.

Also, if you delete the current clinet.cfg then run the client from the desktop with or without the -config flags above, you will be prompted for each setting. the defaults shown will be the ones hardcoded in the client instead of the previous values you entered.

2) with an editor. If you are going to use an editor to edit client.cfg i highly recommend using a free editor like http://www.notetab.com (another one some people use is called metatab). You would be suprised how many typos are made using windows notepad even by experienced folders.

As ADAK pointed out, it is easy to bork the cleint.cfg with notepad ... resulting in the client assuming all default settings including user=0 and team=0,

... or very commonly getting id's like '"user=pete_scout32" , "team=0"
instead of "user=pete_scout", " team-32" :eek:

Notetab will preserve the unix formatting for end of line's and also displays it in a format that is more natural to read, and less error prone.

Another common mistake is to use wordpad to edit it ... guaranteed you will be running with the hardcoded defaults if you use it.

Regardless of which method you use, have a look at fahlog.txt after you restart the client and verify all your setting are reflected in it properly.

:welcome: to the T32 Fold :)

Yeah, welcome to Team 32 :welcome: I think you came to the right place to ask question about folding, there's more knowledge here about folding than anywhere else IMO :attn:

Back