• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enough Power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magikron

Registered
I have an Ultra 400 watt modular psu, I wanted to know is this enough to an e6600 cpu ,6fans 1(250 mm) 3 (120 mm) 2 (90 mm) , 2 Dvd writers,Geforce 7300 GS graphics card,1 sata HD (320GB),2 Gigs Memory (Corsair) on an Asus P5B-E Mobo and planning to overclock later:)

Not really. You're already pushing it. You'll want something with a little more beef. Something along the lines of a 450 and up with a beefy 12v line. Those Ultra psu's aren't the best so i suggest looking into OCZ, Sparkle/Fortron, Silverstone, PC P&C.

I'm surprised your using a 7300 Gs. What memory by chance? Id imagine it really couldn't hurt upgrading to a beefier Psu, but with that Gfx card I don't see you having any probs. I'm no expert but I think they'll agree.

I wanna say you are ok too. It IS always nicer to have a bigger better quality one, but again with that video card, I want to say you are safe.

A lot of the times when people here are asking for recommendations on PSU's, it is because they got a power hungry gpu. That is not your case.

--pak

Back