• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help for the Ahtlon 64 X2 AM2 6000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raphqc03

Registered
Hi, I plane to buy this processor on my actual motherboard.

What is the best Air Cooling that I could put on it? (I have no problem with the price. I want the BEST so you can put 300$ CAD on it lol)

Another things, is it possible to cool this processor with a Air Cooling Fan and some kind of cold glue (don't know the real name) (As I said earlier, I want the most powerfull for the maximum performance in games).

Thank you, raphqc03.

You need artic silver 5, you put that between the Heat sink and CPU. It isnt gluey really.. also.. Id suggest maybe a syth ninja.. but my knowlege in air cooling is dated.

Ninjia, Thermalright 120, the Big Zalmon ring and ThermalTake TMG-A1 coolers are the best known. The TMG is a little new but I've seen some reviews where it did fairly well. Just be sure you are getting the AM2 socket bracket. The ninja may still require a new retention bracket as mine did. Thermal right makes a replacement bracket that works with AM2.

I use This ZALMAN 9700 for my OC 5600+ and it keeps my CPU around 30 idle 40 in stress, and its fully compatible with S-AM2.
Also for your Air cooling devices to work proper and deliver enough air throughout the system, a decent case is a must. So since you have $300.00 to spare you mind if I suggest this Antec 900?
I own two of these bad boys and I'm still impress with them. It robbed my TT Kandalf tower off of its contents.

Good Luck.

Yep, but for the case, I have mine already. Raidmax RX-9 Black. It cost me around 200$.

For the cpu fan, one of my friend got a core 2 quad (or something like that) and he can overclock his cpu from 2.8 to 4.2 with this air flow. http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2353734&CatId=493

The price isn't realy expensive, and it's the best if you read a lots of review.

But for the glue, I realy need to know what it should be the best to cool this cpu (athlon 64 x2 am2 6000) (3.ghz) realy cold. Thank you guys for your help here. You can give me more idea to help me to build my beast :p

Oroka Sempai said:
For $300 you could assemble a watercooling setup ;)

Yeah, I know ... but i'm scare about this assembling lol. One of my friend got one, 160$ and he have some problem sometimes, when his cpu if fully loaded. Anyway lol.

I could spare 300$ for an external liquide cooling system, but I prefer to set everything inside the case, or at least, at the back of it.

Try to find some picture of the case (Raidmax RX-9 Black) you'll see that the space inside is difficult lol. I'll to play a lots with this.

I'm using the Ninja Rev.B with an Antec Tri-cool on it and I'm seeing idle temps between 27C-30C and load temps in the mid to high 40's.

1hawaii50 said:
I'm using the Ninja Rev.B with an Antec Tri-cool on it and I'm seeing idle temps between 27C-30C and load temps in the mid to high 40's.
That sounds typical for the Ninja. The coolest I've seen at max load in my Opti which ran in the low 40s.

In my system, I found that fan placement on the Ninja made a huge difference. I initially had the fan on the "bottom" of the sink, blowing up through the sink towards the top of the case, and my idle temps were in the mid 30's. I moved the fan to the top of the sink, drawing air up and through and got idle temps in the high 20's....go figure?

Back