• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B Deluxe - use EPS12V or ATX12V connector from PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Cornell

I notice the P5B Deluxe has an 8-pin EPS12V plug, but there is a small plastic shield that blocks 4 of the 8 pins so it can be used as an ATX12V plug as well. My new PSU, Seasonic S12 Energy+ 650W, has both an ATX12V and an EPS12V power connector, and I can choose to use one or the other. Is there any reason for me to use either EPS12V or ATX12V? I was thinking the EPS12V connector might be able to supply more/better power for bigger OCs, but that could just be my imagination. Does anybody know what I should do?

Yes use the full connector your MOBO will run better, that info is in the Manual as well(Page 2-32 and 2-33). The block is only to make it compatible with older MOBO's

I was thinking the EPS12V connector might be able to supply more/better power for bigger OCs, but that could just be my imagination. Does anybody know what I should do?
Exactly:)

Last edited:

I looked in the manual on those pages and it didn't tell me anything useful about whether to pick the ATX12V or the EPS12V. It just said use one or the other, but not both. Sigh.

Still, I have an EPS12V connector, and the mobo supports it, so I might as well use it. It's not as if anyone ever complained about giving their mobo TOO MUCH power, after all. :santa:

Back