• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon XP 2600+ temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orionzbelt1

can anyone tell me the normal and load temp of a 2600+ thaat has stock cooling as i am trying to fix someones pc and it keeps hanging and i am trying to figure the problem the cpu is sitting at 60'c not under any load.

Yeah, thats pretty high. i had a 2600 with stock cooling running at 2.2Ghz @ 1.6v. idle temps were about 45c and load got to 62c. but i fixed that with a large room fan. i would think idle should be around 40c on stock volts.

Ambient temps were about 30c at the time.

i cant be 100% sure that the problseemsem is the cpu as the 12v+ seems to be overvolting at 13.14 and i wonder if the PSU has had it and causing the cpu to overvolt.

if its software your seeing the voltage with, its usually off anyway. Grab a multimeter and check out the rails. also 60c is pretty high. I never once let my AMD XP hit 60c and i ran it at 2.7ghz. Blow the dust out of the cooler if there is any.

Stock cooling it was normal to see 45C on idle. Mid 50's on load was also normal. Depending on how warm the room is. They are rated upwards of like 85C. So if your idling only like 60C, your ok. BBQ hot, but ok.

Back