• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

divx-> wmv

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
I really enjoy what divx is doing but my media center extender wont play them

i was wondering if anyone knew a way to convert a divx file to wmv or mpeg

i would prefer freeware but at this point i'll take whatever

i have a few movies that i have backed up

Crap

sorry i just looked for video and sound

Well, you can load them in Windows Movie Maker then re-save them as a WMV, or you can use Mediacoder to convert them to whatever you want.

I know that the website looks like it fell out of 1997, but SUPER@ can transcode between a TON of formats including Divx AVI's and WMV and is freeware.

It also contains an expansive variety of available internal codecs. It works as a multi-purpose media player as well but it's err.. better.. at just transcoding.

looks like the right path but it doesnt like the .divx extention?

also on the one avi i have it throws up every time

i have tried following the suggestions on from its error reprots but no dice

also you were not jokeing about that website it took me 10 min just to find where to download it

Use AviSynth to frameserve the DivX file to Windows Movie Maker to create a .WMV file.

AviSynth can be a little intimidating because there's no GUI. However, it's not as big of a deal as it seems especially since all you need to do is frameserve a DivX file to Windows Movie Maker. (Or, any other program the transcodes into another format.) If you want to try this route, read the available guides and post your questions. I'll help you out...

Last edited:
If you have access to a Mac, you can use iMovie to do so. You just need to install the DivX codec for quicktime as well as Flip for Mac (WMV codec for quicktime). Both of those are free as well.

Back