• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats wrong with my ipod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El-Scotto

Been having problems with my ipod not working and im not sure if its the battery or hard drive. I can plug it in to charge and ill get the battery icon on the screen, but when i disconect it and try to use it I only get the apple logo and a few clicks and noises from the hard drive and then it shuts down.

Sounds like a faulty battery to me. A failed HDD will typically result in a sad ipod icon.

you could try resetting it by holding the middle button and the top of the scroll wheel you will lose your music on the ipod but you may be able to save it

Ok i tried resetting it and I am getting the Sad Ipod icon, so I guess thats the hard drive then?

El-Scotto said:
Ok i tried resetting it and I am getting the Sad Ipod icon, so I guess thats the hard drive then?
I found that sometimes just whacking it a few times helps. The hdd in ipods are pretty cheap and sometimes get stuck.

freakdiablo said:
I found that sometimes just whacking it a few times helps. The hdd in ipods are pretty cheap and sometimes get stuck.
They aren't 'cheap' hard drives. They are hard drives that spend their entire life getting bumped and jostled. You can't expect them to be anywhere near as reliable as a drive that spends its life motionless in a pc case.

Back