• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Razer Diamondback

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Red_LightRanger

Every so often when I start my comp, my diamondback will be frozen in the middle and will only work if i unplug-replug. I am running vista64 and i have the current drivers for it. Is this a hardware or software problem?

I use a Diamondback and have also had this problem periodically. Switching USB ports seems to have fixed it on XP Pro SP2.

Additionally, here is info from Razerzone:

Razerzone said:
PROBLEM
My diamondback does not respond after a cold boot.

SOLUTION
Ensure that your ports are not going into hibernation mode. Check the following:

1. Right-click on the "My Computer" icon and open its "Properties" page.
2. Select the "Hardware" tab.
3. Click the "Device Manager" button.
4. Click on the "+" sign of the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
5. Right-click on any "Root Hub" and select "Properties".
6. Select the "Power Management" tab and ensure that "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" is not checked.
7. Click the OK button and do this for every "Root Hub"

from http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=38&nav=0,2

checked all of my root hubs and none of them are turning off to save power. I guess vista needs to work out some bugs still. I have tried switching usb ports but it always seems to work for about a week and then goes out again.

Check your BIOS for power management setting relating to USB device wakeup. The only setting I could find in my BIOS (Biostart T-Force 6100) relating to this was "USB resume S3/S4". S3 and S4 are apparently sleep/hibernation modes, but they aren't the power off states, so I'm not sure if they would apply to your situation (cold booting), but check your BIOS and see what you find. FYI, S5 is shutdown, and S0 is running. Kind of off topic, but here is an interesting article I found about the power save states of a computer:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa490137.aspx

You know, ever since I got my Diamondback, my USB ports will suddenly "reset" themselves without warning. Example, Ill be playing a game, and boom, no keyboard, no mouse, all the lights are off, in the middle of mass destruction.

I have to physically unplug both of them, wait for Windows to do that "ding" noise, and then plug em back in.

Very frustrating. :-/ Gonna give the power thing a shot.

looked in my bios for anything that resembled a usb device wakeup, but there was nothing close. Im starting to think its a diamondback+vista problem. My buddy is gonna let me borrow another mouse (copperhead) and see if the problem persists

Im pretty sure its only with the diamondback. I have the same mouse and it does it every now and then. It seems to only be with certain usb ports. I have 1 usb port on the back of my computer that started doing that so I switched the mouse to a different one and havent had the problem since.

Back