• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VistaMemory Use

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nandro

Disabled
I just installed Vista Ultimate on my wife's lappy, and am using a 1G USB drive for ready boost. I notice that memory usage goes up well over a gig when doing just normal browsing and such. Is this because it counts the USB memory towards that? I cant see it using the memory otherwise. Just curious if that memory is counted towards physical or cache.

I'll grab a screenie as soon as I figure it out. I opened it and there was about 40 pages worth of info. Looks like firefox is a huge culprit along with me converting video's from divx at the same time. but I do this all the time on my desktop under xp with half the usage. I do see the activity light on the flash drive going constantly.

Its probably because vista caches frequently used apps to memory for faster load times ...

Back