• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6600 @ Frys $199.99 shipped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow great deal. If it was $20 cheaper I would get it for my friend but I still can't justify picking it up over the 6420.

jivetrky said:
I agree....but in this case, you can get that deal on the website...not instore!
Plus if they don't have one in MN then if he orders online he won't have to pay tax.

ancalime said:
Wow great deal. If it was $20 cheaper I would get it for my friend but I still can't justify picking it up over the 6420.

I thought you can lower the multiplier to 8 on the e6600 chip to match an e6420? I would like to get one so when I go to watercooling I can crank it up. I just hope this deal is around on Thursday, when I get paid.

fynanceguy said:
I thought you can lower the multiplier to 8 on the e6600 chip to match an e6420? I would like to get one so when I go to watercooling I can crank it up. I just hope this deal is around on Thursday, when I get paid.
Well you could but what is the point of getting a e6600 if you are going to lower the multi? My friend is not going to get some extreme cooling anytime soon so there really is no need to spend that extra $10.

Well, either their server is down...or the deal is dead.

Earlier this evening the link was good, but that is no longer the case.

Reefa_Madness said:
Well, either their server is down...or the deal is dead.

Earlier this evening the link was good, but that is no longer the case.

yup no good no more... search e6600 all the it comes up with is a comp and the tray cpu.

fynanceguy said:

Apparently, you OC the MCH when you do that (on ASUS 9x5 boards), so you might want to check on that.

anyone lucky enough to get in on this Frys deal please post your overclock and batch number.

Back