• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brand input

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sobe

Unscathed Member
Ok, I've found 2 brands I'd like to go for. Zalman and FSP Group(Fortron).

ZALMAN ZM600-HP ATX12V 600W Power Supply

FSP Group (Fortron Source) FSP700-80GLC ATX12V/ EPS12V 700W SLi Power Supply

FSP Group (Fortron Source) FX700-GLN ATX12V, V2.2/EPS12V, V2.91, 700W RoHS Quad. SLi Power Supply

Now, I will be purchasing an eVGA 8800GTS 640Mb, not the superclocked version, as well as my later setup with a C2D E6600. I want it to last me through overclocking as well as maybe a bit towards the future down the road. I've seen great reviews from the Zalman, but there is also the Fortrons.... Which are also good. I just wanted some community input on the selected psus.

Either of the Fortrons will not disappoint. I vote for the Epsilon, though, because it's got a 120mm fan and the cables are sleeved. Fortron PSUs are bargains, and even though the Zalman is modular, I think you will be happier with the Fortron in the long run, and even more so if you have good cable management.

Oh, I didn't even notice the Zalman being modular :p

I could care less about modular, I just want good rails and for the psu to last. Fortrons seem to be great according to many people. Which one would be more reliable as per Fortron, FX or FSP? I notice the FSP doesn't come with sleeves. Cable management I can deal with easily as I have with my current Rosewill psu.

I like the looks of the FX, but I dunno the honest differences between the FX and FSP. Maybe someone could enlighten me? PSUs aren't my.... "specialty" :p

sobe said:
Oh, I didn't even notice the Zalman being modular :p

I could care less about modular, I just want good rails and for the psu to last. Fortrons seem to be great according to many people. Which one would be more reliable as per Fortron, FX or FSP? I notice the FSP doesn't come with sleeves. Cable management I can deal with easily as I have with my current Rosewill psu.

I like the looks of the FX, but I dunno the honest differences between the FX and FSP. Maybe someone could enlighten me? PSUs aren't my.... "specialty" :p

http://jonnyguru.com/reviews.php

I saw the Zalman there, but I didn't see any Fortrons, or maybe I just can't read.

Would an FX or FSP from Fortron be a better choice?

The Zalman is based on the Epsilon design as well - it's a little better though being a newer revision that addresses the ripple issues somewhat.

Back