• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

choosing motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c1t1z3n

hiya!

I'm trying to choose a mobo for a future upgrade, but there's lots to choose from and now i'm lost :p

First of all, it'll be an Intel-based system (most likely the E6600...i'll decide after the price drop..) with graphics by nvidia...

-I doubt i'll use SLI for the time being, but having an extra pci-e slot would be nice (for either SLI or a Physics board..)
-the board should be "RAID-able"... I'm currently on a RAID0 array, and I intend to keep it that way :p
-It should also have some considerable overclocking ability...

that said, the boards...: I was thinking about the evga nforce 680i sli or possibly the 650i, I was also suggested the asus p5n-e sli ... since SLI is not that important intel-based chipsets should also be considered, so any and every suggestions are welcome! :D

thanks in advance

if you really see SLI as a option in the future then the only choice imo is the 680i. dont even consider the lower end ones unless your really strapped for cash.

Now if you someone like me who will just spend the money on one really fast gpu the go with the Abit AB9-pro,Abit quad GT, Asus p5b-dlx nothing else i can really suggest for nice intel boards but should you choose it then a 650I will fall in nicly for single card only system. though ocing will be higher on the intel 965's vs the 650i.

Back