• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI OC'ing with riva tuner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

risingsun

When I use riva tuner and I OC, does it change the settings on both cards?

Also, when I clock up the pci-e in my bios, what exactly does that do?

Last edited:
Overclocking SLI cards in rivatuner (or any program for that matter) will change the speeds of both cards, yes.

Clocking up the PCI-E bus in your BIOS shouldn't really do anything, since the bandwidth of PCI-E x16 is higher than any video card can even get close to using at 100% (hopefully what I said makes sense). I may be wrong, so someone may want to chip in on this one.

on another note.....
WTF!!!!
I had my 6800's up to 450mhz and 1100mhz (from 350, and 800), and i got 5289. Then I changed the clocks back to stock and got a 5293.

What the hell.

on another note.....
WTF!!!!
I had my 6800's up to 450mhz and 1100mhz (from 350, and 800), and i got 5289. Then I changed the clocks back to stock and got a 5293.

What the hell.

Is there somthing I'm doing wrong?

risingsun said:
on another note.....
WTF!!!!

What the hell.

Is there somthing I'm doing wrong?

If you push the O.C.'s too far you will actually get a lower score, Try a more moderate O.C. and see what happens

How can i tell when I've pushed it too far...

Besides, 425 is a normal clock speed for a 6800, thats what the GT's are.

risingsun said:
How can i tell when I've pushed it too far...

Besides, 425 is a normal clock speed for a 6800, thats what the GT's are.

I believe the stock clocks on the 68gt's are 350/1000 At least that was what the stock clock speed was on my Leadtek 68gt, The stock clock on my XFX 68nu was 350/750. As far as finding out how far is too far, You just have to start low and gradually work up, Once the scores start falling you back up, Then you should have your O.C.ing sweet spot.

I find there is a bit of variation with 3D mark, I can run the test several times and get a slightly different score each time.

Do i have to reset my system for riva-settings to work. I did them with out a reset.

risingsun said:
Do i have to reset my system for riva-settings to work. I did them with out a reset.

No they should work without a reset, IIRC you do have to select if you want Rivatuner to save the settings so they will work next time you boot up.

no, i have Xt(reme.... its an XFX brand) the stock clocks are 350, 850. But I havent noticed any diff either way, don't know why 150mhz(75 each) wouldnt make any sublte difference.

what programs are running in the background while benching? It is always better to have the least amount of processes while running any benchmark to rule out any resource hogging apps.

Back