• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap Upgrade Suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Catalan

Looking to upgrade my comp this is what I had in mind:

e4300
biostar tforce p65pt OEM @ newegg
2x1gb ballistix pc2-5300

I've deceided to wait to see what other dx10 cards are coming out and I think my PSU(see sig) should be capable of handling this setup. Basically I'm looking for a cheap upgrade to c2d w/ OC capabilities. If anything I might change out the mobo to ds3 or something else. I saw that newegg also has the 1.3 ds3 for $109.99 anyone have any experiece w/ this board. I dont need sli if that helps. Suggestions are welcome, thanks.

What is your budget?

The DS3 is a great board. I am not sure about the 1.3 revision though, I have heard mixed suggestions and feedbacks on that one. I myself am interested to know more about the 1.3 revision and if it is worth the buy over the 3.3. Newegg has the 1.3 for $100 so it is a considerable price difference.

Yeah, for those 3 items it's $303.04 shipped. I'm getting the ram and mobo from different sites. My only concern is the board's limited vdimm which is why I'm considering the ds3, I might need the extra volts to feed the ballistix to push em further.

Last edited:
What is the price on those Ballistix? From what I've seen, the DDR2 1000 sticks are actually priced lower. Not sure why. :confused:

They're on ebay for like $65 a stick. Any suggestions for what I have listed?

Last edited:
you dont really need d9 for a e4300, 9x multi, system. I woud grab this set instead.

Also what are you doing for video? Are you simply using an older card for awhile and thus leaving it out of the budget for now?

BossBorot said:
you dont really need d9 for a e4300, 9x multi, system. I woud grab this set instead.

Also what are you doing for video? Are you simply using an older card for awhile and thus leaving it out of the budget for now?

IDK about the ram, and about the video yes, I'm holding out for other dx10 cards. BTW, is my psu sufficient enough to power this system?

Back