• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chrono Trigger and chrono cross

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zatrix

I really like these games. I played chrono cross first and it was AWESOME cause unlike other rpg's there was a ton of different endings depending on what YOU did throughout the game. And i loved the whole 2 different worlds 1 story thing

I played chrono trigger on a emulator on my comp and it rocked. I liked chrono cross more but trigger was decent

anyone else play these games and like them?

I've only played Chrono Trigger, and it is easily one of the best games I've ever played. Unless you don't like RPGs, it is a must-play. It's really an unforgettable game. I own Chrono Cross, but haven't found the time to play it just yet. I hear it is supposed to be a great game, though.

I recently bought Crono Cross used at a game store and im starting a new game :D
My sister's boyfriend has Crono Trigger for Snes original copy with the box and I played that for hours one day when he came over with it :D

honestly, i prefer chrono trigger more than chrono cross.

i LOVE chrono trigger, its probably in my top 5 video game list.

i still have the original SNES cart too. Kinda funny how they have Marle shooting fire on the box-art/cartridge art, yet she uses water in the game, and its lucca who uses fire. i still wonder how they screwed that up...

either way, its one of the few games i will NEVER get rid of.

Trigger is way better. Cross is just plain boring and I can never get myself to play past 10 hours in.

Played chrono trigger for a few hours on snes emu and enjoyed it and i have just got chrono cross for ps1 but aint started playing yet as neverwinter nights 2 is demanding all my spare time atm

Correct. Chrono Trigger was originally released for SNES, then re-released for PSX as part of Final Fantasy Chronicles (Chrono Trigger + Final Fantasy 4). Chrono Cross was released for PSX, then re-released as Greatest Hits for PSX.

Chrono trigger is easily the best game I've ever played on SNES and easily one of the best RPG I've ever played. It's even more fun after you beat the game going through and playing it again with your lvl 50 or something characters! HA!

Never heard of or played cross though.

Chrono Trigger was very good and I played through it several times. I tried playing Chrono Cross, but for some reason I had trouble staying interested in it and never got very far.

Wow, a lot of people not liking Chrono Cross? I personally loved the game and i have played about 3 or 4 New Game+. I think it is awesome and all the different combinations of things you can do that alter the future of the game. Even certain things you say can alter what characters join your party and what items you receive.

I like Chrono Trigger too and it was a fun game but i totally like Cross a lot more. Even the soundtrack on Cross was awesome. Nothing wrong with 8-bit SNES sound because that was sick too.

Back