• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interesting No post problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mpg01

Registered
Last night I hit the power button on my main rig and got a little static shock. I set the system up to go into power save after 20 minutes so I was waking it up. However, the drive light came on and stayed solid but the system didn't come on. I restarted the PC. All the lights and fans come on but the system never gets to POST. I cleared the CMOS. Same thing. I tried disconnecting various components. No difference. I even removed the CPU. Same thing.

When the power is connected the standby LED lights. When I hit the power switch the memory LED comes on. All the fans spin up and stay spinning. I've just never seen this before.

I have to imagine that the bios is fried. The board is a DFI NF4 SLi Infinity. It's my favorite board and they're really hard to come by.

Would it do any good to send this puppy back to DFI and see if they can't breath some life back into it? Or is it just a fond memory at this point?

Has anyone else experienced this?

thnx

Back