• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

600W PSU? recommendations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
still working on it,... but i have this so far,...

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 5200+, 2.6 GHz
ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe (maybe)
e-GeForce 8800GTS 320MB Superclocked
Corsair Memory XMS2 1 GB PC2-6400 DDR2 RAM x2
Western Digital (WD5000AAKS) 500 GB SATA Hard Drive
DVD / CD optical drive

A good brand 400W PSU is enough for your setup, but if you have in mind to go SLI of GTS then take a look at Corsair HX520.

please answer the question. 600W recommendations? (thats not the complete system and i need 600w SATA PSU

cheers

-DAve

Why do you need 600w? The power requirements of that rig are no where near that much. You plan on running some peltiers off your PSU or something? :p

If you're dead set on 600w, then get the Corsair HX620 :)

cheers,.. yeah i need the extra power for a second possible graphics card and i plan to have 2 HDD and 2 optical drives,...

ok ok , i've decided for the 520W version of the Corsair HX620 (Corsair HX520) i just don't want to have to buy another PSU in the not to soon future.

i did the calculator thing on a website and according to the things i want it did suggest 520.

Thankyou fo r your commetns and more suggestiosn are welcome the tfull listing of things i want is here:

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 5200+, 2.6 GHz
ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe
e-GeForce 8800GTS 320MB Superclocked x1 (upgrade to SLI later))
Corsair Memory XMS2 1 GB PC2-6400 DDR2 RAM x2 (upgrade possibly)
Western Digital (WD5000AAKS) 500 GB SATA Hard Drive x1 (will add another later)
DVD / CD optical drive (mabe two optical drives)
sound card

so is 520W still over kill, as from what you gusy say 600W is,...

thanx again

-Dave

ok tried it and the 520W PSU looks fine. cheers,...

-dave

I killed 4 with my Ultra-d never will I get another enermax again I also killed a enermax with I had my XP-m chip ( smoke came out of it )

I'd recommend my current PSU- a Seasonic S12 600W... its been real good to me the last few months... the rails are very stable and the cooling fan does a real good job...

Back