• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Temp and Vcore to use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bluespawn

Okay, I have a screenshot showing my system.

Ambient = 23.7C

Question I have is, do I use the temps from which?

Asus Probe = 70
TaT = 62
CoreTemp = 66

Do I use the Voltage from which?

Asus Probe = 1.44
CPU-Z = 1.44
Bios = 1.525

At Idle 5 mins

Asus Probe = 49
TaT = 42/37
CoreTemp = 38/35

Do I use the Voltage from

Asus Probe = 1.5
CPU-Z = 1.213 (clearly wrong)
Bios = 1.525

To me it seems strage that with a Tt Big Typhoon, that I would get a full 30C increase from idle to load as shown in Asus Probe.

Also, heatsink and cpu have been lapped, nice and flat, and all on correctly.

Attachments

• Screenshot2.GIF
    Screenshot2.GIF
    184.5 KB · Views: 91
holy crap, do you really need over 1.5v for 3ghz? thats a conroe you have, it should do 3ghz ish at closer to stock volts

Yes, I know it should. That's what's a bit annoying.

When upping the FSB, the comp either doesn't boot, or if it does boot, as soon as I run TaT it just shuts down, the only way I can solve this is by more vcore.

My board can handle 475 * 6 at least that I I've tested, so the mem isn't a problem and neither is the FSB etc. So the only problem I can see is the chip itself.

I guess considering my vcore is at 1.525 (as in bios) I shouldn't be too upset with my temps, I just wish there was something I could do to reduce the vcore but keep me o/c as it is or better.

Do you have the option with the 6300 to go to a 8xmulti?
I think you do but I'm not positive. If you have that option, I would try that.
As far as the temps go, I would believe Coretemp or Tat. But then some guys are reporting unbelievable temp reading with them both. It seems they may have a problem reading correctly with the newer cores.

Yeah, I can only do 7 or 6, with 6 I can get my fsb upto 475, but I can't get over 2.8 if I do that (unless my board get's past 475, but I doubt my mem will make it) Either way, I'm pushing it to get past 3Ghz like most people.

bluespawn said:
Yeah, I can only do 7 or 6, with 6 I can get my fsb upto 475, but I can't get over 2.8 if I do that (unless my board get's past 475, but I doubt my mem will make it) Either way, I'm pushing it to get past 3Ghz like most people.
Yeah I just went through the big thread on conroe overclocks and everyone with a 6300 is on the 7multi. Sorry about that.:)

freeagent said:
holy crap, do you really need over 1.5v for 3ghz? thats a conroe you have, it should do 3ghz ish at closer to stock volts

that's an allendale he has. ;) notice in cpuz, revision = l2. conroe would be b2. ;)

Peepaw said:
Do you have the option with the 6300 to go to a 8xmulti?
I think you do but I'm not positive. If you have that option, I would try that.
e6300's only have 6x and 7x available. for 8x, you need a e6400 or e6420. ;)

*edit* oops, just noticed that was already mentioned. sowwy. :D

whoops, good call hbb :)

watching how these newer chips are clocking kind of reminds me of what it was like to have stubborn a64 x2s all over again :(

Back