• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a good bigtower case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drinkyoghurt

hey guys,

i am making a new build and i want a bigtower case, preferably one with a side window and around $140. The Lian Li cases are way too expensive for my taste and the only stuff left here is either chieftec, thermaltake or coolermaster. can you guys recommend me a good case? i want it to fit my BIP II on the inside with ease and it has to look good as well. think you guys can do something with this info?

thanks

Drinkyoghurt:)

Drinkyoghurt said:
the armor is out of my budget

I'm sorry, but $10 out of budget? That case is VERY nice (I own one), I would say the extra 10 bucks is worth it...

i saw the nzxt zero(i've owned NZXT before and they rock) and the case seems to have enough space in the back for me to mount my rad

see right there at the back

Drinkyoghurt said:
i saw the nzxt zero(i've owned NZXT before and they rock) and the case seems to have enough space in the back for me to mount my rad

see right there at the back
I'm assuming a 120.2? If so, looks like it will fit.

I would recommend the Stacker with a window side panel (optional of course) over the Armor simply because I think it looks cleanear and bolder.

If staying on budget is paramount though, I would also add a vote for the Gigabyte Aurora or the NZXT Zero.

ive seen the gigabytes up close and personal ... very nice case ... comes pre fit for mounting a 120.2 radiator internally or externally w/ pre-drilled and lined holes for upto 5/8" od tubing

man i was gonna say a Lian Li V2000b plus 2.... but ur mr pickey pickey :beer: in all seriousness though you should consider a Lian Li their build quality is above anything else IMO... i love my case and i have owned alot of cases... and not just ur normal vinalla pos cases

But the stacker is a nice alternative

If you don't mind going old school, I got one of these for $40 shipped off ebay. Inwin Q500

It is going to need some loving though. Mine should be home tomorrow.

-pak

smokie mcpott said:
i love the layout of the interior of the Zero, but i hate that front

Ironically I hate the interior of the zero because of the motherboard area is identical to the motherboard space and layout I have in my current case and already im having room problems lol. I think the front is ok but the cooling is very well worth.

Btw Drinkyoghurt, what is your budget range? also I barely remember but don't you live somewhere else besides USA which makes costs very different due to different currency?

my budget is around 100 euros

so that would be around $140

ironically i found out that the cases that sell for $140 in the us sell for 140 euro's here.

the nzxt is nice, but well its 50 euros out of my budget(maybe i can try ebay)
the antec is not really what i am looking for and the Stacker and Armor are too expensive(cost more then the zero)

i've considered antec but i really dont like their designs...and lian li, wel...you know $$$$$

i wouldn't be shattered if there wasnt any side window, but the case should look nice(thats why i wanted the zero, but $$$$)

Drinkyoghurt said:
my budget is around 100 euros

so that would be around $140

ironically i found out that the cases that sell for $140 in the us sell for 140 euro's here.

the nzxt is nice, but well its 50 euros out of my budget(maybe i can try ebay)
the antec is not really what i am looking for and the Stacker and Armor are too expensive(cost more then the zero)

i've considered antec but i really dont like their designs...and lian li, wel...you know $$$$$

i wouldn't be shattered if there wasnt any side window, but the case should look nice(thats why i wanted the zero, but $$$$)

Ah, I did not know you were out of the US. That makes sense now. :bang head

Back