• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forum Wars 2007 [Official Discussion thread]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beast_USA

This isn't spam been here along time :) & the forum wars are great overclocking fun.

I want to invite you guys again.
Remember It's all for fun, the prizes are random drawings so everyone has the chance to win.

The more forums that play the more we all have fun & learn some new tricks! :eek:

Forums on the list
Asus Independent
Overclockers-Anonymous
PC Pitstop
OverclockerZ Forum
Overclockers Club
The Raptor Pit
Tecno Computer Italia
BenchZone
FMC
Planet64 (interested)
Bleedingedge (interested)
Extreme Systems (interested)
Techsweden (interested)
OCForums (interested)
OCXtreme (might be interested)
HardwareAnalysis (might be interested)

Hope you guys make it this time :beer:

Rules
http://www.theraptorpit.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=857

Forum sign up page
http://www.theraptorpit.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=872

Taunting, Bragging just plain messing with other forums
http://www.theraptorpit.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=849

O.K Folks, we are officially in. So, lets get warmed up and win some laurels for the forums. I know we have several excellent competitors in here and we can take on the best in the business. :)

All discussion goes in this thread.

THEIR RULES:

Welcome to Forum Wars 2007
  • There have been a few changes since last year, so please read on...
  • We have added the "Ultra Extreme(UE)" Class for ES,extreme cooling & unreleased hardware.
  • We have Reduced the number of players per team to 4.
  • Added a few more bench's and a big name sponsor (GEIL Memory)
20 players is your Forum's Ideal Number. Why???
It's better in the overall ranking to have some rigs on the C, D & E teams because all the rankings from those teams are part of the puzzle of winning the Overall. You want to have your teams balanced... Getting the #1 Ranking in the B Competition is great, but if you took a good rig from your B Team and moved it to your C or D Team you might go up a few spots in the rankings for Overall Winner. So there's a little bit of stratagy going on for the Forum Leaders.
There is plenty of room for all to play, but Teams (A,B,C,D,E) only count toward the "Overall Winner".
Teams B,C,D,E,F,G... etc will all play for the "B Crown"
"A Teams" for the "A Crown"
"Ultra Exreme (UE)" for the "UE Crown"

(1) The Bench's......
3d01, 3d03, 3d05, Aquamark, Crystalmark(v9.12.320 or later), Super Pi 1mb(v1.5 or later)

(2) The Dates......
--June 29th friday til July 20th (3 weeks)
We open for stock posting (ALL PLAYERS MUST POST TO ENTER)

--July 21st til the 27th (1 week)
All Forums assemble their Rosters and individual Team Names

--July 28th til Aug 18th (3 weeks)
We go to WAR!!!

(3) The Scoring......
Points System will go like this..
  • 3d01 = actual score
  • 3d03 = actual score
  • 3d05 = score x 3
  • Aquamark = score divided by 2
  • CM ALU = actual score
  • CM FPU = actual score
  • CM MEM = actual score
  • Super Pi = 10 seconds = 110,000 thru minimum 50,000 for 34 seconds or higher
  • All Teams will have their scores added then divided by the # of Players for a Team Score.
(4) Teams and Catagories......
  • Ultra Extreme(UE) = Forums extreme cooling,E samples, unreleased hardware Players
  • A Team = Forums Best 4 players (with conventional cooling)
  • B-F Teams = 4 players per team (with conventional cooling)
  • ONLY (A, B, C, D & E) Teams are figured into the Overall Winner
(5) The Winners......
  • Ultra Extreme Class (only UE Class)
  • A Teams (only A Teams)
  • B Teams (B,C,D,E,F Teams)
  • Overall Winner (best combination based on final Rankings from teams A,B,C,D & E (UE,F,G.... are not included)
  • Tiebreakers...no Quads, Then less # of Conroes, Then less # of Non SLI Rigs, Then the Coinflip...
(6) The Prizes......
  • GEIL MEMORY has informed us that they will sponsor this event.
  • Included will be some very nice memory being givin away by random drawing during the War.
(7) The Rules.......
Entry posting deadline is July 20th NO EXCEPTIONS.
  • Any OS can be used for any bench.
  • The Ultra Extreme(UE) class has no teams, but you are playing for your forum
  • A thru E Teams on down are 4 man teams.
  • Quadcores will not be allowed in the C thru F classes.
  • NO UPGRADES during the contest, None... Period! (But RMA's are ok, subject to validation for the same hardware).
  • 2 Rigs are allowed per player...
  • But you cannot have them both on the "A Team" and the 2nd Rig must have a different CPU and Reduced VGA.
  • Reduced VGA means if you use SLI, you cannot use the same set up on your 2nd Rig, you can only use 1 card.
  • But if you have a lesser set of VGA cards... thats OK!
  • Conventional cooling is defined as... Air, Water, Chiller & Peltier (above 0c/32f)
  • Phase (Vapo), LN2, DICE & Cascades are ONLY allowed in the Ultra Extreme (UE) Class.
Forum Police can deny any posted score if not properly submitted (see how to post below)The Forum Admins are the local Judges and the forum Police will vote on Questionable scores at "TRP" in the "Forum Wars Admin" Forum. This forum will be password protected.

All Forum Police will be registered in our Database and all scores will be entered into the database then transferred to our spreadsheet. Then tabulated and posted on the TRP website (usually twice a week).

***No Unreleased hardware may be used in Team Scoring...
For rigs not competing in the UE class, motherboard, CPU, and Video Card must be available in the retail sector before July 18th. Compliance may consist of showing that an e-retailer lists the part as available or through provision of an invoice showing purchase on or before July 18th. (allowing 2 days for mail) Posting Deadline July 20th
But E Samples and and banned cooling scores will be on the Top Scores listing (but do not count in team listings)

(8) How to post a score.......
We need you to post links to your scores whenever posible

(Member,Forum & Team name)
(system Info)
E6600(CPU) @3400(speed)
7800gtx (VGA)
Dualcore (1,2 or 4 cores)
SLI (1 or 2 cards)
H2O (cooling)

(Scores)
3d01 (list your score)
(put your link here)
3d03 (list your score)
(put your link here)
3d05 (list your score)
(put your link here)
Crystalmark(v9.12.320 or later)
(put your link here)
CM ALU (list your score)
CM FPU (list your score)
CM MEM (list your score)

Aquamark (post 2 screenshots)---
1 of the Score Page
1 of the results page scrolled down to the Score,
--then add CPUz & point the curser to the Date (on the lower right)

Super Pi 1mb(v1.5 or later) (post 1 screenshot)---
Shot of the results, then add CPUz & point the curser to the Date (on the lower right)

(If you cant get Crystalmark(v9.12.320 or later) to Post a Link)
You NEED 2 screenshots
1 of the "mark" Page (all the results will be in blue text if done correctly)
1 of the "Ranking" Page with the CPU AND VGA Info entered, Add CPUz and the Date (on the lower right)

(9) (you dont have to redo all your tests to post an updated Score)

(10) Each Forum must provide their own Forum Police (2 to 8 is preferred)
All cops will have access to "Forum Wars Admin" and the Database for Score entries

(11) Forum Police are headed up by "Ronnie" Coleman (the buck stops here)

(12) Web Police (Webby) is designing a new calculator for the contest.
http://home.earthlink.net/~web-police2/FW%...core%20Calc.htm

(13) Participating Forums need to create 3 threads
A discussions thread that I can link to from the main site for checking each other out and taunting
whistling.gif

A closed "Forum Wars 2007 Entry" thread (not hidden) (where all scores will be posted)
An "Forum player entry thread" to Recruit Players and Cops
And of coarse... a passworded private forum for your players only
respekt.gif

These rules will not be modified in any form
Any concern about the wording on specific issues will be voted on by the forum police.
The polling outcome will be final and not be disputed.

*** Disclaimer***
TRP (The Raptor Pit) will not be responsable for any damaged, broken, bent or burned hardware as a result of Overclocking a Personal Computer. Any Player that Overclocks his/her PC... does so at their own risk and will not hold (TRP) responsable... If you enter (by posting a score) then you accept this agreemen

Sweet. I'd love to enter into this contest. Who is our team leader? I'm guessing I'm probably on a b/c/d/e team, as my E6300 lacks the 4mb cache for SuperPi and my 7800GT isn't top-of-the-line..

Everybody is welcome! Watch this space for details!

Also, there is something more exciting to look forward to, so keep your eyes peeled for a surprise. :)

/In

Specs I will be benching 100% for sure -

Xeon 3070 - Single Stage
2G PC2-8500 Ballistix
Abit Quad GT

Possibly 8800GTX

I don't care what team I'm on, just what suits OCF's needs :)

I'm in with the sig for whatever team I can help the most with. Will be benching with sig, maybe some upgrades since it's still a couple of months away :D But I'll probably still be on air cooling so I'm assuming I'll be in a lower class, although I can still pull off some suicides with air, maybe more than one may think ;) Just gotta get my mobo situation worked out :(

Hey SN,

Super Nade said:
Conventional cooling is defined as... Air, Water, Chiller & Peltier (above 0c/32f)

I think what inkfx is asking and Im looking for clarification is,

Does that mean above 0c at the cpu, so if he put his rad in a bucket of ice water and I sit outside on a -5c night with two big *** fans, as long as the cpu (idle or loaded) is above 0c its all good ?

inkfx, That would still be water cooling according to my interpretation. Deanzo, if you use the environment i.e air-cooled on a cold day it is still air cooling.

(BTW you Kiwi's have NO idea what cold really is. Try living in the Indy area during winter. ;) )

Super Nade said:
inkfx, That would still be water cooling according to my interpretation. Deanzo, if you use the environment i.e air-cooled on a cold day it is still air cooling.

(BTW you Kiwi's have NO idea what cold really is. Try living in the Indy area during winter. ;) )

Oh yeah, Indy, brrr. Come on up to Maine and enjoy some -20F warmth in mid-January. :)

My components are not very amazing but I can overclock them quite much. My processor is OC from 2000 to 2500 and my graphics are increased with about 300 mhz in memory and 200 mhz in gpu core. If you want me in, I am in!

My system is sort of OK compared to many posted here but I hope to have it fully OC'd before the start of the wars, it's my 1st time ;). I do well against other OC'd 7900GS's (not including vMods). If it's cool I'm in too :D

My new rig is in the Sig, I dunno if it'll be top 20 material but a new WC setup is on the way for it and I did pretty good with the old Opteron last go around, if you need another non QC rig to compete I'm in for sure.

Back