• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Direct TV question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iaacp

Ok, recently I got a new TV and moved my room around, so I dont remember exactly how the HDTV reciever was installed. It looks like this so far: I have the cable from the wall comming into the Converter Module box, which then runs into the reciever. From there, I have the component cables running to my tv. Now, on my tv, its trying to search for a signal, but can't get one. Am I missing or skipping over anything? I have been googling tihs for a while but can't find any help on it. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated :D Thanks.

And I apologize if this this isn't the right place to ask my question.

-Iaacp!

Make sure all of your cables seated well and connected to the proper inputs/outputs on the receiver. If your box has some sort of access card, make sure that's fully seated.

That's really about it, except making sure your TV is on the right input, but if the TV displays searching for signal, then I'm guessing the problem lies before the receiver or the receiver itself.

The component inputs for my TV only work with with the menu set to Input #2. Check the manual for your TV and see if it is something like that.

Back