• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

corsair 620hx and the DFI infinity p965-s anyone w/ success stories?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

I am getting a bit nervous. I have heard a lot of people saying that the corsair 620hx is the creme de' le creme of PSU's, but I have also heard of several people having major issues with this PSU and the dfi infinity p965-s.

I was wondering if there have been any above average or at least average overclocks 3.6ghz - 4ghz w/ this combo.

I hope this makes sense, I have to run work calls :)

treepop said:
I am getting a bit nervous. I have heard a lot of people saying that the corsair 620hx is the creme de' le creme of PSU's, but I have also heard of several people having major issues with this PSU and the dfi infinity p965-s.

I was wondering if there have been any above average or at least average overclocks 3.6ghz - 4ghz w/ this combo.

I hope this makes sense, I have to run work calls :)

Tree,

I would also post this in the DFI MB section. I haven't heard of any conflicts personally.

I don't think it's the creme of the crop but it's a great bang for the buck. It's silent, modular, 8 sata's, good amps on the 12v, and very efficient. All that for 140 bucks.

inkfx said:
Not to thread jack, just wondering here. Why would a certain brand PSU have conflict with a motherboard?

Ink,

I don't know. The ATX standards are in place with this power supply and the DFI board.

I know that in the past, certain PSU's have had startup voltage issues with certain motherbords. I can't remember which PSU and board though... I also remember certain PSUs not having enough Amps to properly drive everything on a motherboard's POST. Oklahoma Wolf, do you remember what boards, etc it was? I wanna say it was an issue with the DFI Ultra-D :shrug:

SuperDave1685 said:
I know that in the past, certain PSU's have had startup voltage issues with certain motherbords. I can't remember which PSU and board though... I also remember certain PSUs not having enough Amps to properly drive everything on a motherboard's POST. Oklahoma Wolf, do you remember what boards, etc it was? I wanna say it was an issue with the DFI Ultra-D :shrug:

Dave,

I remember something about that some time ago and I want to say it was some of the Fortron units but I'm not sure. I think those issues were corrected. I can't see the Corsair HX620 having that problem.

Haven seen any one except you talking about these problems . My Ultra-d didnt like enermax liberty 620s and it had a few others that it didnt like . DFI's are the only boards I can rember not likeing specfic PSU's .

To OP: you should be fine . Have you checked the DFI forums to see if there is a conflict ?

DFI's had major probs with Seasonic PSU's, the s12 line esp. teh Corsair PSU's are made by seasonic and i think are rebadged m12's. m12=the modular s12. has something to do with the 5vsb voltage iirc.

The_Jizzler said:
DFI's had major probs with Seasonic PSU's, the s12 line esp. teh Corsair PSU's are made by seasonic and i think are rebadged m12's. m12=the modular s12. has something to do with the 5vsb voltage iirc.

so your saying I will have "major probs" with my setup as well?

no, but that was the scenario a while back with 939's. whether or not its been resolved i dunno.

The_Jizzler said:
no, but that was the scenario a while back with 939's. whether or not its been resolved i dunno.

ah! ok I get it...I thought you were talking about the current situation...thanks :)

Back