• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista backwards compatability with Win2k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hashbrown26

I have an issue onboard my ship. We use a mod of Win2k for our operating system onboard. Recently one of the divisions bought a new laptop loaded with Vista. The program they use is defintely not compatable with Vista. I need to load this laptop with our version of Win2k. However, the drivers for the harware (i.e. display, graphics, nic, etc.) are only available on the Compaq website for Vista. None for Win 2k. How compatable would these drivers be for Win2k? I would appreciate any input on this. Thanks!

If they are for 32bit Vista chances are they will work, however the way some drivers are packaged means you cannot manually install them. Really there's no way to find out other than simply trying it.

Good luck and welcome :)

Could be a major pain. Video drivers especially since I have a Compaq laptop at least. The video card on my system (X1600) must be specially flashed or something to be recognized by certain drivers. I can't install normal XP drivers of this card, I have to go to HP's website to do so.

Back