• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ken Kutaragi I've Seen PS4, 5 & 6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6169949.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;4

Ken Kutaragi who is retiring soon has givin his ideas of Playstation 4,5 & 6 he doubts that Sony we get him involved as much. But they may seek his ideas for the future console as reported in the other thread he will still work with them in a small role.

Can you imagine what it would like PS4 some say they should make a console that you can just add knew parts too. Others just don't want another set of PS's.

Well if they make it upgradeable then it becames a computer which it almost already is. And from past instances of the play station, it isn't that hard to see the future for it, faster, hotter and more costly.

Avg said:
Well if they make it upgradeable then it becames a computer which it almost already is. And from past instances of the play station, it isn't that hard to see the future for it, faster, hotter and more costly.

Yea. Soon a Playstation will cost you more than a Honda Civic. Its gonna happen. We all know it.

hey they already call it a computer entertainment system. I consider it a computer, who can install and OS on it, you can upgrade the HDD, how is that not a computer?

PYROMANIAC said:
well it computes numbers...so it must be a computer

Exactly, a lot of things are computers, its not as if todays desktop versions have a patent on components, business model, stucture, etc.

I still say my TI-82 pretty much has that claim to fame:p

I always thought PS2 was the start of it being a PC basically PS3 just added the finishing touches to it now it can use Fold@Home a big PC program used today. And as mentioned you can Yellowdog lynux onn it upgrade the HDD to something bigger (how far can the HDD be upgraded and is using SATA or PATA).

You can actually use nearly any distro of Linux including Ubuntu, and Gentoo. Anyway he may have ideas but I doubt Sony will care what he says in a few years when the new systems are being designed anyway.

Back