• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 7500 OEM vs. Retail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bbolaro

Registered
Is there any difference between the 7500 retail and the OEM in any area (oc, quality, etc.) like with the 8500?

Is the 8500 worth the extra money if the 7500 is relatively cheap and has the same features, and a good ocing ability? I mean even with the Orb and the memory sinks you're not coming close to the price of an 8500.

Jesse you fool:D ....the 8500 will last you for years, while the 7500 is great for current games you will have to downgrade settings in upcoming games like Unreal2...if you dont want to spend as much money, get the OEM version of the 8500(around 185$),, you can flash the retail bios on it and it works pretty much as well....also you can bring it into the club and ill help you flash it:D

OK 7500 will last but maybe for only 1-1.5 years if your some crazy gamer who likes to keep up to date.

The 8500 will last maybe 3 years man. ITs brand new and people find it really expensive now and they'll most likely wait 6 months later to buy it heh!

here is my pick

I would take a oem 7500 but if the price diff for a retail one is like $20 I would get the retail cause OEM may have slower clk/mem serttings if it is sold by a lame *** manufacturerer or third party vendor.

The 7500 will play all the current games well and will be able to support most games to come well enough like UT 2 with most of the settings on maybe not all. The card is very overclockable and it will easily do you for 1 yr +.

I have mine running at 330/540 and it rocks, plays all games without a hic cup. Even after adding a Crystal Orb and ramsinks it is still a cheap upgrade.

If ya wanna spend $75-85US more go for a OEM 8500 but I would say the 7500 will do fine with current games and whats coming out as well. Maybe you won't be able to play the games w all settings maxed out but you will be able to do so with most settings maxed out.

I say spend less see what happens to prices in 6mths to a year and what else pops up. By then 8500's will be cheap and still last like 2 yrs.

Cisco kid

:burn:

thats the thing, this card will probably have to last him 2years....i heard that Geforce3s were gonna get 50fps in Unreal2.....this is gonna be the critical app that sells 300$ video cards....

Interesing

funnyperson1 said:
thats the thing, this card will probably have to last him 2years....i heard that Geforce3s were gonna get 50fps in Unreal2.....this is gonna be the critical app that sells 300$ video cards....

Interesting , I can not wait to see the game Unreal is my fav.... I have my faith in my 7500. BTW when is it due to be released??

Cisco Kid:D

Back