• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Was that stupid?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gg_Malkavian

Registered
Ok so basicly I ordered my 2 sets of sweet crucial ballistix 2x1GB PC2 6400 from buy.com for 99.99$ after MIR. When I ordered it it was ON STOCK ffs. But then I get an e-mail saying it's back ordered :mad: .... so I try to call those morons but there's absolutely no phone number to be found on there website :confused: . I had to google it... then after waiting about 45 minutes I finally speak to a person that has possibly 4 accents at once (me being french it was almost impossible to understand) and he tells me that he can't garantee I'll have it within the next 2 weeks :mad:. So I said **** you (in my head ;) ) and cancelled my last order at buy.com ever and googled for other deals on ballistix and found those 2 SWEEEEET deals at NEWEGG ;) !!!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?ATT=20148069&CMP=AFC-SlickDeals&Item=N82E16820148069

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?ATT=20148070&CMP=AFC-SlickDeals&Item=N82E16820148070

I ordered one of each! :thumb:
This is a bit more expensive than my initial purchase purchase but they're PC2 8500!! And one set has leds :D !

1: What do you think about those deals?
2: Do you think both are basicly the same set except one has leds on it?
3: Will it work well (be compatible) on my Asus p5n-e?
4: My e6600 will never be able to catch up with that ram... should I use a divider or use th extra room to tighten the timings?
5: Do you see Crucial ballistix as a better brand overall than G.Skill?

1 right now that stuff is the baddest deal around period(see wa77s thread).
2 your right on the money.only dif is the leds.
3 it should work fine.
4 eh its really up to you.i favor higher bandwidth over tighter timings lower bandwidth but thats just me.you may find that 800 4-4-4-10 1t is where its at tho.finding the sweetspot is the fun part :)
5 crucial and gskill are pretty darn close.the ballistix have a slight edge right now in price/performance.with the exception of the 8500s which are just monsters!

Back