• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on onboard sound issue and gateway pc drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dabba

okay, my first question is about the onboard sound. Im not even sure what the mobo is because its an old hp pc, but the sound worked when i had it in its old case and now it does not. I ghosted the computer, but i seem to have all the drivers, i have all the volumes on max and all i get out of the computer speakers is alot of fuzz and i can barley hear music when i put the speaker next to my ear. Is the onboard sound shot? cause if i have to ill grab sound card. Thanks

Second question: Im also dealing with an older gateway computer. Its a 2.4ghz p4 on a foxconn board. I formated it and installed windows, but i have like none of the drivers, last time this happend it was a major pain in the *** and i had to go through hp. Now with gateway, do i have to go through them or is there another source of information or a way to indentify the exact board in the pc to get the drivers?

Thanks in advance for any help on either of these issues:burn:

Okay scratch that second question, apparently gateway has got their **** together alot better than hp haha. Anyone on that onboard sound prob?

what kind of speakers are they? do they have a volume control on them?

They are antec lansing, and yes they have a volume control on them. I have not tried them on another computer yet but they are new out of the box and ive tried to use headphones directly pluged into the back of the tower with no success.

Back